The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wonder how long Wright will be out for. Will we cancel his loan and loan a replacement instead or just take on an additional short-term signing to see us through a few weeks.

Neither.

We’ll give Robbie Thomson a fitness test on Saturday morning and lower the bar low enough to make sure he passes. He will then go on to pick up a season long injury.

Why the hell was he training with sevco though and not with the rest of the Rovers squad, what is the bloody point in that? Oh aye, I'll come on loan to you but I don't want to train with you! FFS

Just now, lgb61 said:

Why the hell was he training with sevco though and not with the rest of the Rovers squad, what is the bloody point in that? Oh aye, I'll come on loan to you but I don't want to train with you! FFS

That's how loans work now, they're all effectively Development Loans which mean he can still train and play with Rangers reserves. It's probably not the players choice.

Absolutely not. I agree this is unfortunate, and wasn’t our fault this time round. However “tactics” if there was any last season (a long punt doesn’t count), and injuries we currently have is fully the responsibility of Barry Smith. He was quoted as saying he was beasting them preseason but he’s also got to manage the recovery time that players need to prevent injuries, clearly this has not been the case, which is extremely poor management.

Ah I'm glad it's all be cleared up by a sports scientist. Thanks... I think it's jumping the gun slightly to claim that because Smith was quoted saying he's 'beasted' the players, he's automatically responsible for the spate of injuries we've been having. I'd love to see the reactions if Smith was quoted saying "Well after the season we had last time, we didn't want to push the lads too hard so we've given them the afternoon off every day this month so they don't get injured".

Wright has "a chance" of playing on Saturday, per Smith's interview with RaithTV. Praises the lad's commitment for wanting to play. No word of any sort of contingency plan. 

Yeah I think it's either something he's got covered so not overly concerned about which is pleasing or he knows he can't do anything about it and making it as an excuse isn't something he wants to start doing. I noticed that in his last interview last week before the Stranraer game. He kind of almost caught himself making an excuse about the injured players and stopped.

5 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

In the FFP that Smith is hoping to bring a striker in on loan in the next couple of weeks but it will depend on whether additional funds will be released for him.

Striker or a "forward thinking player" - if Smith is intent on a 4-4-2, you'd think we still need another wide player as well as someone who can fill in through the middle. Either way, the team desperately needs an injection of pace.

Zanatta!
Just no,a waste of a loan
See Smith wasnt exactly praising the plastic pitch,in fact on the contrary,said it was sticky and hopes for rain as no sprinkler system.Only  the Rovers

He also did say it was "a very good pitch" and would take time for it to bed in... So what's your point?