The New Raith Rovers Thread

Really impressed with the new app, seems so out of place in the lower leagues of Scottish football with how modern and innovative it is. It is exactly the type of thing that could hook children who come along to the games to the Rovers.

4 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Really impressed with the new app, seems so out of place in the lower leagues of Scottish football with how modern and innovative it is. It is exactly the type of thing that could hook children who come along to the games to the Rovers.

The real winner will be the 1st company to install a mobile phone charger at the ground, after your kids use all the power playing the game for 90 minutes.

2 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

I don't know what this says about me or the Rovers, but I'm only looking forward to the match today so I can use the app...

Good tidy performance today. Felt like we at least attempted to play some football on the deck which was different to what we've been served up for a long time now.
It was mentioned in the match thread but I feel bringing in Wedderburn is going to become something Smith will come to regret. If we can somehow find budget, or can bring someone in on loan, right midfield has to be a priority, allowing Matthews to shuffle inside. Matthews I felt played pretty well today despite clearly not being a wide player.
Flanagan looks handy and Gillespie will be instrumental in this team. Watson also didn't look out of place.

Result flattered us, Buchanan was shite again 4 offsides in the first half, dwells on the ball and poor passing, slightly better when he came slightly deeper 2nd half. Matthews was awful looked scared of the ball and shirked all but one tackle that I remember. Gillespie is brilliant or woeful by equal measure. Nisbet needs more stenth, Watson will improve but needs to work on his crossing. Bene, McKay and Murray were solid enough, Flanagan, with the right service, will destroy defenses at this level, Wedderburn - no idea, can't work him out seems to take 30 mins to get into the game then can be as frustrating as Gillespie. Milne was better than last week when he came on. Wright nearly gifted a goal with sloppy play, he may have come from a big team but wee teams can still make him look a twat if he doesn't concentrate.

Stenny hit the woodwork a few times and probably had more shots on target than we did. I'm sure we will improve and if we can get through these next few weeks without any devastation we might be okay.

Not sure if it was the new surface but I wouldn't be surprised if Flanagan and Nisbet joined the injury list next week, Flanagan seemed to be struggling with a thigh issue and Nisbet was stretching his back just before the 2nd goal.

Fortuitous 3pts but taken gratefully

Result flattered us, Buchanan was shite again 4 offsides in the first half, dwells on the ball and poor passing, slightly better when he came slightly deeper 2nd half. Matthews was awful looked scared of the ball and shirked all but one tackle that I remember. Gillespie is brilliant or woeful by equal measure. Nisbet needs more stenth, Watson will improve but needs to work on his crossing. Bene, McKay and Murray were solid enough, Flanagan, with the right service, will destroy defenses at this level, Wedderburn - no idea, can't work him out seems to take 30 mins to get into the game then can be as frustrating as Gillespie. Milne was better than last week when he came on. Wright nearly gifted a goal with sloppy play, he may have come from a big team but wee teams can still make him look a twat if he doesn't concentrate. Stenny hit the woodwork a few times and probably had more shots on target than we did. I'm sure we will improve and if we can get through these next few weeks without any devastation we might be okay.

Not sure if it was the new surface but I wouldn't be surprised if Flanagan and Nisbet joined the injury list next week, Flanagan seemed to be struggling with a thigh issue and Nisbet was stretching his back just before the 2nd goal.

Fortuitous 3pts but taken gratefully

Are you for real?! After all the guff that was served up last season, today was excellent in parts! Some of the link up play and one touch football was great to finally see! Flanagan had a great game! My motm! Nisbet done well too. Won a lot of balls and held/linked play well! Took the penalty really well as well as his second goal. Apart from Stenny hitting the woodwork, what else did they do? Had a lot of the ball but severely lacked a killer instinct. So I can’t really see how we were so fortuitous.

Don’t get why so many rovers fans only look for the negatives. Especially when there were plenty of positives there to see today