The New Raith Rovers Thread

46 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Cuthbert set to leave according to the Courier. Negotiations taking place over a severance package.

Surprised by his decision, would have been a great opportunity for him to learn from McGlynn and Smith and for the same pay.  Hope it all works out for him.

I liked Kevin as a player and he seemed a good guy, certainly not cut out for the role of manager yet though, I also think it's a good idea to get rid of all the links to the BS years, fresh start with fresh faces, hope everything works out well for KC.

Shame he's away but can't help but feel he's unhappy at how the club have operated, even though it's to our benefit. McGlynn has a more successful track record than Smith did, and after the Alloa games last season (and the overall style), Smith was on a hiding to nothing. As a manager, Cuthbert was out of his depth.  As much as the players might have wanted him to get the job, I think it's more beneficial to have McGlynn come in as it's a fresh start for pretty much all of them, and he'll get them working hard.

strange one - seems like he has spat the dummy. Been offered the same role he was contracted to do.... clearly under smith he had been acting up in a more senior role, but obviously wasn't happy to work under the new team. Shame. He could have learnt a lot.

I'm confused as to why we are paying any severance package, if he has chosen to leave.

I don’t get it. Does he think he’s better than a coach because I haven’t seen any sign of that yet. Does he think he’ll get a better job elsewhere?
Maybe assistant to Smith in his next job as and when that may be. But even then he may have to work with staff already at that club.
He’s taken a bigger gamble than playing a 3-5-2 with Murray on the right wing!

30 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

strange one - seems like he has spat the dummy. Been offered the same role he was contracted to do.... clearly under smith he had been acting up in a more senior role, but obviously wasn't happy to work under the new team. Shame. He could have learnt a lot.

I'm confused as to why we are paying any severance package, if he has chosen to leave.

Could be the club want to do the right thing by him after he kept everything going singled handed the last few weeks before McGlynn came back?

I’m of 2 minds, firstly I think he’s made a massive mistake and should’ve stayed and learned under McGlynn, real shame in losing him, he’s been brilliant for the club etc etc. However, Secondly, if he’s spat the dummy then f#ck him, and the money saved on him will hopefully go towards an additional player in January.

I don't buy that Cuthbert would have the same role. It was just him and B.Smith at the start of the season - he was second in command. 

He'd have been third in command if he'd stayed, behind McGlynn and P.Smith. no matter what way you look at it, it can only be viewed as a demotion. 

I think he's made the right choice and I wish him well. 

1 hour ago, GhostZapper said:

He's clearly under contract and Raith have offered to change his job description. If Cuthbert doesn't want the new role then he's entitled to whatever compensation is written into his contract he is currently working under.

Good luck to him and he will most likely go on to have a good career as a coach but he should have stuck about till the end of the season to learn from two good coaches at this level. Does kind of feel like he's chucked the toys out the pram because he didn't get the big job.