The New Raith Rovers Thread

We've been linked with Kevin Nisbet.  Any good?  What kind of player is he? 

Fantastic at league one level but as has been said was completely neutered by better defenders in the QOS games. This was down partly to a chronic lack of service but he was also easily bullied out of possession. Will definitely have to work on his upper body strength if he’s to succeed in the championship. The raw talent is there though as can be seen with his goal tally, albeit against mostly poor defenders. Big season ahead for the lad.

3 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Stuart Millar has seemed to laugh off the suggestion that we'll be signing a player from yourselves with the MacDonald money, unless he's at it or just keeping up appearances. 

It's mentioned here...……..

Add me to the Bill Clark fan club, by the way. To give the fans 40 minutes worth of information in the close season and explain why each thing thus far has happened; both individually and in its entirety is top drawer transparency. Hard to really ask for more.

I’ll sign up for the new fund when it comes into existence. I don’t get to as many home games as I’d like because of work but this will make me feel much less guilty about it, and I’m not realistically going to miss the £10 or £20 per month.

All been pretty positive so far. Looking forward to seeing who the four signings are, and what happens beyond that.

The only caveat I'd add to that is there was no need to give Buchanan the "legs have gone" chat as seen in that screenshot. He was already released, he was a cracking professional who gave his all for the club over two years and he scored 1 in 3 whilst playing in a side who rarely played to his strengths. I've certainly no ill will towards him, rather I wish him every success in his future playing career. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

42 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Add me to the Bill Clark fan club, by the way. To give the fans 40 minutes worth of information in the close season and explain why each thing thus far has happened; both individually and in its entirety is top drawer transparency. Hard to really ask for more.

I’ll sign up for the new fund when it comes into existence. I don’t get to as many home games as I’d like because of work but this will make me feel much less guilty about it, and I’m not realistically going to miss the £10 or £20 per month.

All been pretty positive so far. Looking forward to seeing who the four signings are, and what happens beyond that.

The only caveat I'd add to that is there was no need to give Buchanan the "legs have gone" chat as seen in that screenshot. He was already released, he was a cracking professional who gave his all for the club over two years and he scored 1 in 3 whilst playing in a side who rarely played to his strengths. I've certainly no ill will towards him, rather I wish him every success in his future playing career. 

All true, but then again Clark wasn't actually wrong. Whether Alloa find a way of using him that negates that is a separate issue (always love the 'but he signed for a team in the league above chat' as if only Rovers make shit signing decisions), but even allowing for his 1 in 3 goal rate, I don't think too many were keen to keep him on another season.

Just now, renton said:

All true, but then again Clark wasn't actually wrong. Whether Alloa find a way of using him that negates that is a separate issue (always love the 'but he signed for a team in the league above chat' as if only Rovers make shit signing decisions), but even allowing for his 1 in 3 goal rate, I don't think too many were keen to keep him on another season.

You're right, I don't disagree with anything you or indeed Bill has said. Perhaps leaving it out of an interview which is going to go out to thousands of people, including the player himself,  would've been a more diplomatic move.

He clearly is a very fit lad and seen him in Gym 64 however his legs have gone, his sharpness inside the box just isn't there and I rarely saw him beat a player. Glad he has gone and now hopefully Davo accepts the offer I've heard he's got from Kelty ad he also needs to go. 

15 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

You aren’t Wardy  is speaking the truth, are you bigger than falkirk? Your in a higher division yeah but for how long?

And you're going to be in a lower division for how long exactly - decades?