The New Raith Rovers Thread

Paul McManus. Agreed a contract extension and then when you guys came in with a better offer he ripped our contract up after we announced he had resigned. 
Ach I was 12 at the time, must have whooshed over my head.

7 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

You know a five figure sum could be ten thousand pounds right?

Ok, so it’s better than the old boards habit of letting contracted players go for nothing but that’s not a “very, very good deal” for someone like Murray in my opinion.

I’d rather keep him unless the fee was enough to pay for another player for a year.

Ten thousand pounds for a decent League 1 player is a cracking deal, in my opinion. 

Murray has been good without being great, still don't know what his best position is so if Mcglynn gets to re invest that money then its hard to feel short changed at all. 

Edited by CALDERON

I’d rather keep him unless the fee was enough to pay for another player for a year.

We would have the £10k plus Murray's wages to play with which might allow us to get someone better in.

Personally I think £15-20k would be a decent enough fee for him.

I know you are in that waiting for a Chinese delivery when your starving on a Friday night feeling.....  What is the talk on Gillespie resigning or moving on, your chairman on your podast mentioned we were interested in 'buying' a player, what is the hampden up rait h way.

So this Murray any good? Or instantly turned to dross the minute you let him go for next to f**k all? Hard to tell in amongst all the tears. Never mind, at least you've still got your top scorer......

Ten thousand pounds for a decent League 1 player is a cracking deal, in my opinion. 
Murray has been good without being great, still don't know what his best position is so if Mcglynn gets to re invest that money then its hard to feel short changed at all. 

It’s not often I disagree with your opinion mate.

If McGlynn has replacement/s lined up then maybe it’s not such a blow.
Like I said above, if the figure was somewhere around £30-40k or so then I think that would be fair enough as we could get another player in with the fee as well as a replacement with Murray’s freed up wages.

Not suggesting he’s actually worth that much but anything less and we’d have been better keeping him in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

So this Murray any good? Or instantly turned to dross the minute you let him go for next to f**k all? Hard to tell in amongst all the tears. Never mind, at least you've still got your top scorer......

Nah, honestly a solid performer. Can play all across the back 4. Honestly surprised though that you spent money on the guy. 

Edited by renton

Just now, da_no_1 said:

Good player. Always 100% commitment from him. 

Definitely in the 'keep' pile for me. 

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

Murray is a good/decent League 1 player albeit with no Championship experience. Ever present in a defence that leaked goals for fun all season long, so there's only so much his loss can be mourned, especially if somebody has actually paid money for him.  

I would have liked him to stay, but a five figure sum should easily go some way to sourcing an adequate replacement. 

4 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

It’s not often I disagree with your opinion mate.

If McGlynn has replacement/s lined up then maybe it’s not such a blow.
Like I said above, if the figure was somewhere around £30-40k or so then I think that would be fair enough as we could get another player in with the fee as well as a replacement with Murray’s freed up wages.

Not suggesting he’s actually worth that much but anything less and we’d have been better keeping him in my opinion.

All comes down to how he is replaced. If we start the season with actual full backs and centre backs then I'd say we've come out of this pretty well. 

If we bank the cash and try and get by, which isn't beyond possibility, then I would certainly agree with yourself. 

If muzza had, had a regular run of games at cb I think he would have been a very good player for us. As it is he was good but never made any position his own due to being shifted about constantly. He's a loss for us and it will be interesting to see how he does making the step up.