The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’m still trying to determine what foreverarover actually means. Do you want us to set up a bar in the north stand concourse - which is effectively outside - and put patio furniture in it for folk to sit on? Remember there’s no way of chilling the beer up there, and no way they could get draught. So you’re looking at a seat on a plastic chair, outside, with a warm tin. Haud me back.

Outside? Under the stand??? So what the f**k do they use under the south stand pre match in the bar?? I would assume the stands are similarly built underneath. Its not difficult. You stand or sit in the concourse, you know the same place folk buy and eat pies at half time as in the south stand . Build a bar similar to what's under the south stand and call it the rovers lounge or something to comply with hospitality rules. It closes at match kick off as per league rules. You walk to the south stand or the main stand to take your seat. Visiting fand can then walk to the railway stand. I'm sorry but what's so difficult to picture with that scenario.

The North stand as it is is used 4 times a season.!!!!

5 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
17 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:
I’m still trying to determine what foreverarover actually means. Do you want us to set up a bar in the north stand concourse - which is effectively outside - and put patio furniture in it for folk to sit on? Remember there’s no way of chilling the beer up there, and no way they could get draught. So you’re looking at a seat on a plastic chair, outside, with a warm tin. Haud me back.

Outside? Under the stand??? So what the f**k do they use under the south stand pre match?? Its not difficult. You stand or sit in the concourse, you know the same place folk buy and eat pies at half time as in the south stand . Build a bar similar to what's under the south stand but have it without any restrictions. It happens in grounds down south all the time. I'm sorry but what's so difficult to picture with that scenario.

You won't have consent from the 200 club!

7 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
17 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Outside? Under the stand??? So what the f**k do they use under the south stand pre match?? Its not difficult. You stand or sit in the concourse, you know the same place folk buy and eat pies at half time as in the south stand . Build a bar similar to what's under the south stand but have it without any restrictions. It happens in grounds down south all the time. I'm sorry but what's so difficult to picture with that scenario.

The law for consuming alchohol in a football stadium is completely different down south. It's illegal to serve alcohol on a concourse in a football stadium in Scotland. 

Edited by CALDERON

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The law for consuming alchohol in a football stadium is completely different down south. It's illegal to serve alcohol on a concourse in a football stadium in Scotland. 

Put a tent over the picnic table and foldable chairs. Indoor bar. Bob's yer uncle...

Even away from everything else, we’re not going to invest money into a bar in the North Stand when we want to be in a league where the stand is needed for the vast majority of the matches.

So, moving on...

You can see that he’s upset with the injuries we’re getting. Trying to win the league without your best players is a challenge and a half. The way he reacted when talking about Regan Hendry tends to make me think it could be another bad one. If Spencer is out too then we don’t have much of a midfield left. We could give Tait a shot but he’s a different type of player.

Agreed- sad to see and would be a disaster for the boy if anything too serious.

The number of injuries you guys are getting is “frightening” to quote the manager. I do wonder if training as a full time team on plastic pitches has an affect.? Wish the lad well.

9 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Agreed- sad to see and would be a disaster for the boy if anything too serious.

The number of injuries you guys are getting is “frightening” to quote the manager. I do wonder if training as a full time team on plastic pitches has an affect.? Wish the lad well.

That's probably the first injury on that pitch.