The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

By the same token, the player knows his body pretty well, and the physio judged it wasn’t significant or dangerous to continue.

If he's injured he maybe doesn't know his body that well after all. 

Is Williamson actually a qualified physio or is it jobs for the boys from McGlynn?

41 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've attended every game this has been available and have seen no visible selling of the offer at all. I assume you had to actually go to the pie stall to buy it?

Unless you parachuted into the ground the day you would have to have past the sellers on the way up to the ground.They were next to where Jim sells 50/50 tickets,pretty visible to the trained eye 😉

53 minutes ago, JAR said:

Thanks again to those who contributed to "Pie for a Player". With our injuries, some extra cash will be useful. Shame on those who wouldn't spare a £1 or £2 each time.

I chucked a £1 in the bucket of the wee boys - Sons of Struth? WTF - and £2 in the 50/50.

Our season looks fucked again if Hendry is out for a while. We really need our star turns to stay injury free otherwise we’re little better than the rest of the teams in this god forsaken league.

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Unless you parachuted into the ground the day you would have to have past the sellers on the way up to the ground.They were next to where Jim sells 50/50 tickets,pretty visible to the trained eye 😉

Didn't notice them, although I wasn't particularly looking. Shame on me!

6 hours ago, foreverarover said:

It doesn't matter what size it is extended to, I'm not paying a fee to get in to buy a single pint. Open it up to everyone and charge an extra few pence on the drinks to cover any loss in subs. Simple idea that will no doubt be ignored. The club are capable of running the kids club in the North stand. Why not create turnstiles exclusively for the new railway stand and open up the North stand as a large lounge area. Obviously games permitting but with exception of East Fife and falkirk it could remain in place. Nothing a few large sets of garden seating in the concourse for fan's to sit. It's not difficult.

Pay a fee to get in and buy 10 pints? 

We need to regulate the amount of people we can allow entry to obviously. Your idea would only lead to people being turned away and more complaints. 

Also, you're probably better going to the club with your ideas than writing them down on a football forum. 

Thanks again to those who contributed to "Pie for a Player". With our injuries, some extra cash will be useful. Shame on those who wouldn't spare a £1 or £2 each time.

I'm presuming you mean £10 or £20 each time. I take it you've got something to do with the fundraising, but get that attitude in the bin. 75% of our regular fan base must have season tickets and 20% or so pay into the development fund. Add in 50/50 tickets, programme sales, lottery, hospitality and supporters clubs handing over cheques here and there, the small support we have do more than our bit financially. Every penny raised from 'pie for a player' will be massively appreciated I'm sure and fair play to those who contributed but you can't criticise those who didn't partake.

6 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Nothing a few large sets of garden seating in the concourse for fan's to sit. It's not difficult.

I have read this over and over and I can still find this hilarious and stupid at the same time.

Schrodingers patio set :lol:

I’m still trying to determine what foreverarover actually means. Do you want us to set up a bar in the north stand concourse - which is effectively outside - and put patio furniture in it for folk to sit on? Remember there’s no way of chilling the beer up there, and no way they could get draught. So you’re looking at a seat on a plastic chair, outside, with a warm tin. Haud me back.

48 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m still trying to determine what foreverarover actually means. Do you want us to set up a bar in the north stand concourse - which is effectively outside - and put patio furniture in it for folk to sit on? Remember there’s no way of chilling the beer up there, and no way they could get draught. So you’re looking at a seat on a plastic chair, outside, with a warm tin. Haud me back.

So, a seat outside hauding a warm tin away from the action, surely  the very epitome of Hank Scorpio!!!

10 hours ago, JAR said:

It was £10 for one pie.... I don't blame anyone who never bought this, a tenner for one pie is rather expensive would you not say?

10 hours ago, JAR said:

Shame on people who are spending their money however they like?

There's folk out there who have to pick and choose which games they can afford to attend. Folk who don't have a spare pound or two come the end of the week never mind a spare tenner to donate. 

Spoken, it would seem, by someone who has neither witnessed or lived through abject poverty in their life. 

It was £10 for one pie.... I don't blame anyone who never bought this, a tenner for one pie is rather expensive would you not say?

It wasn’t £10 for one pie. If you donated £10 into a fund for John McGlynn to sign a player in January, you generously received a free pie from the catering company.

Marketed horribly by the club, in fairness, where it did sound very much like it cost a tenner to buy a pie.

It wasn’t £10 for one pie. If you donated £10 into a fund for John McGlynn to sign a player in January, you generously received a free pie from the catering company.

Marketed horribly by the club, in fairness, where it did sound very much like it cost a tenner to buy a pie.
This. It was a shambles and quite an achievement to make a simple plan sound a great deal less than simple. The confusion abounding proves that. As for JARs attitude - sit doon mooth.
a) nothing about the scheme was £1 or £2
b) who do you think you are?

So a tenner for a pie then... Not sure when I was at the game that pies were 8/9 quid as per the guy saying about folk not paying an extra 1/2 quid.
Pretty thoughtless comment on every level. For the people that can't afford the lump of a season ticket
£16 entry
Then to add £10 for a pie
£26
That's for one person...

Look at the uproar in spl saying £20 is plenty and your saying folk not paying 26 isn't doing their bit...

That's why clubs die and attendances fall.

15 hours ago, Beachbum said:

For those who haven't seen the post match interview - extremely worrying for Hendry and Spencer.

You can see that he’s upset with the injuries we’re getting. Trying to win the league without your best players is a challenge and a half. The way he reacted when talking about Regan Hendry tends to make me think it could be another bad one. If Spencer is out too then we don’t have much of a midfield left. We could give Tait a shot but he’s a different type of player.