The New Raith Rovers Thread

28 minutes ago, steveffc said:
38 minutes ago, embow said:
A few Falkirk fans getting steamed up that we are League leaders. Still deluded in thinking we were gash last season.
Lovely!emoji23.png

Are yous? Never knew that tbh, never check the scores in championship, id rather yous win than Dunfermline, not all Falkirk fans are bitter, it was what it was last season, no one could see a global pandemic

Never check?

yet you spotted this post on another leagues forum within 10 mins 😂

I reckon we have pretty much justified our inclusion in the championship this season by the start we have had. If we had ended up in the playoff spots I'm still confident we would have been here. The squad we have has the same buzz about it as mcglynns last squad did when we came up. It's unfortunate we can't be there to really be a part of it, but it's still great to see.

I reckon we have pretty much justified our inclusion in the championship this season by the start we have had. If we had ended up in the playoff spots I'm still confident we would have been here. The squad we have has the same buzz about it as mcglynns last squad did when we came up. It's unfortunate we can't be there to really be a part of it, but it's still great to see.

Agreed, I know our playoff history is horrendous but even if Falkirk had beaten us to the league and I don’t think they would have as they couldn’t beat any of the top 4 last season. We’d have beaten any of those playoff opponents last season.

Looking forward to the next few games against the teams we’d expect to be in the playoffs spots to see where we are. We certainly shouldn’t fear any of them and even the loss to Hearts in the cup was hardly a hammering and it’ll be great to see how the lads fare playing the Jambos at the San Starko.

1300 viewers for yesterday’s game. Obviously a lot of those would be season ticket holders but it is better than I expected tbh. You’d probably be looking at an attendance of around 1800 at the game in normal circumstances so it is a decent effort.

Well done to all at RaithTV for the excellent service. When you see issues clubs like Inverness, Arbroath, Ayr and Partick Thistle have had as well as teething issues at a few other clubs we are very fortunate the club have produced a product which has been great from the very first showing. I think that it reflected in the numbers tuning in (winning convincingly most weeks obviously helps too!!). 

1300 viewers for yesterday’s game. Obviously a lot of those would be season ticket holders but it is better than I expected tbh. You’d probably be looking at an attendance of around 1800 at the game in normal circumstances so it is a decent effort.
Well done to all at RaithTV for the excellent service. When you see issues clubs like Inverness, Arbroath, Ayr and Partick Thistle have had as well as teething issues at a few other clubs we are very fortunate the club have produced a product which has been great from the very first showing. I think that it reflected in the numbers tuning in (winning convincingly most weeks obviously helps too!!). 
I suppose you have to take into account that on average more than 1 person will be viewing the stream. At least some of them would be watched by families so the actual number of eyes on the game might have been around that 1800 number.

Yeah the John Grubb Spall one, of its time maybe but we did win something and played great stuff. I don myself associating that one with Brewster  (rolls royce) and.... Alan McKenzie

My old man had that home and I had the away, but I've never been able to find his. Definite purchase...

Edited by L. Brilliant

I'll dodge the match thread for what it has turned into.

However - some of our attacking football this season has been incredible.  That Hendry through ball for the fourth the icing on the cake for me.

Keeping the ball on the deck and passing out of defense shows the boys are brimming with confidence and long may it continue!

1 hour ago, Flemboflem said:

I'll dodge the match thread for what it has turned into.

However - some of our attacking football this season has been incredible.  That Hendry through ball for the fourth the icing on the cake for me.

Keeping the ball on the deck and passing out of defense shows the boys are brimming with confidence and long may it continue!

Agreed that match thread is brutal.

Also the attacking is  great so much quality in the midfield.

Edited by pub car king

The downside to our start is the attention we are drawing to Hendry and Tait. While they are far from the only players contributing to this start, they have been the headlines so far...although Duku and Musonda will certainly be of interest to some teams if their form continues. It’s a crying shame that if someone comes calling, we will be sellers, but given the team’s financial situation (and consequent inability to truly enlarge the team yet) we are limited as to what we can do otherwise. I would also not begrudge Hendry and Tait a chance to play at a higher level, as Hendry has given so much to the team and Tait shows such potential that his future is almost certainly down south. 

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The downside to our start is the attention we are drawing to Hendry and Tait. While they are far from the only players contributing to this start, they have been the headlines so far...although Duku and Musonda will certainly be of interest to some teams if their form continues. It’s a crying shame that if someone comes calling, we will be sellers, but given the team’s financial situation (and consequent inability to truly enlarge the team yet) we are limited as to what we can do otherwise. I would also not begrudge Hendry and Tait a chance to play at a higher level, as Hendry has given so much to the team and Tait shows such potential that his future is almost certainly down south. 

If that’s so, Hendry and Tait should be offered new deals so we get some cash, if and when they go. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

11 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

If that’s so, Hendry and Tait should be offered new deals so we get some cash, if and when they go. 

I would hope that has already been discussed with them.

On to the highlights, and since I watched the game, I was looking for something else...Where’s Lars?

Well, the answer, in my mind, is comforting. I think Loko will score for us soon, as he’s got that nasty poachers habit of hanging around in a nice spot for a deflection, a poorly handled ball, or such.

1:20 - Frankie shoots from outside and Loko is in position if the keepers parry wasn’t good.

3:00 - Frankie touches on a header to fool the goalie and Loko is sitting on the back post, ready.

4:45 - Loko on the back Post when Matthews scores #1.

5:35 - Loko is hanging about again when Matthews gets #2...in either case, a spilt ball  to the back post and he scores it.

6:45 - Loko drives in from the corner, crosses and follows it into the grinder.

7:10 - Loko misses his horizontal bicycle attempt, but takes a covering player off Mendy, who pots it.

To be honest I’m a bit resigned to losing Hendry for nothing after this season. He’ll go with my best wishes but I can’t see him signing a new contract here with the attention he’ll be getting.

On 07/11/2020 at 23:37, steveffc said:
On 07/11/2020 at 23:34, Scottydog said:
Never check?
yet you spotted this post on another leagues forum within 10 mins emoji23.png

Don't flatter yourselfs, it was on my unread timeline,

It does look like you lot will be staying in league 1 for another year at this rate, I’d get comfy if I were you