The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

Very good article and am glad that he is enjoying his time with the Rovers. I also look forward to him scoring his first goal for the Rovers.

29 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Good read. The young lad is going places. Defo one for the future.

13 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

All very positive. He's one of the best loans we've had, I think, and surely has a bright future.

Was going to ask how he'd getting on. Looks like he's impressing so far. I've liked what I've seen from him in his small amount of minutes for Aberdeen along with the reserve football I've seen him play.

Caught the second half of the Aye game. He's a very talented lad but he does need to get a bit stronger. Hopefully can go on to do even better and help you win even more points this season. Some of the football Raith played was very eye catching.

Not sure if anyone has bought one of the Stark’s Park signs, but much bigger than I thought it would be (was expecting it to be a car reg’y plate size). But it’s brilliant, and for the the quality and size, £40 is an absolute bargain!

IMG_8189.thumb.jpg.df1648c6a42a33684fd45d518453d16c.jpg

ETA - Also, how guff is it without a game this weekend eh, should be buzzing for the Hertz game! Now we play them twice in 4 days in January. (The fixtures in January are tough as anything, really need 6pts from the Alloa & Queens games 🤞🏻)

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Was going to ask how he'd getting on. Looks like he's impressing so far. I've liked what I've seen from him in his small amount of minutes for Aberdeen along with the reserve football I've seen him play.

Caught the second half of the Aye game. He's a very talented lad but he does need to get a bit stronger. Hopefully can go on to do even better and help you win even more points this season. Some of the football Raith played was very eye catching.

The first couple of games his crossing was a bit strong, but as he’s settled in, his accuracy is improving nicely. Adds a nice bit of pace on the edge and causes plenty of concern for the opponents. Ball skills seem fine and is hopefully tuning his shooting touch. Don’t think he’ll be a big scorer as much as a valuable, pacy winger that torments the other team and assists goals quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Ontovictory said:

£500k to bailout you lot - not what i pay taxes for

os Team P HW HD HL HF HA AW AD AL AF AA W D L F A GD Pts PPG
1 Raith Rovers 28 9 4 1 29 14 6 4 4 20 19 15 8 5 49 33 +16 53 1.89
2 Falkirk 28 10 2 2 35 5 4 8 2 19 13 14 10 4 54 18 +36 52 1.85
3 Airdrie Utd 28 7 4 4 20 13 7 2 4 18 14 14 6 8 38 27 +11 48
Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:
os Team P HW HD HL HF HA AW AD AL AF AA W D L F A GD Pts PPG
1 Raith Rovers 28 9 4 1 29 14 6 4 4 20 19 15 8 5 49 33 +16 53 1.89
2 Falkirk 28 10 2 2 35 5 4 8 2 19 13 14 10 4 54 18 +36 52 1.85
3 Airdrie Utd 28 7 4 4 20 13 7 2 4 18 14 14 6 8 38 27 +11 48

Is this how they deciphered the Zodiac Killer?

55 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Just think, if Lee Miller hadn't set Falkirk up to shit fest a draw at Starks Park we could be £350k worse off. Braw. 

They shat a two goal lead at Stark's under snakey Ray as well earlier in the season. 

What a terrible shame. 

2 hours ago, Paco said:

Lee Miller, to secure promotion and £500k for Falkirk....

image.gif

“Big sexy”

I fucking love the fact they picked up a useless jobber like Da Vita in January, and we signed Steven MacLean. Macca's influence  and experience made us look like a completely different team after he signed for us: Baird was the perfect foil for him. 

Tony Dingwall has finally resurfaced. As someone predicted a month or two back, he's joined Elgin for the rest of the season. 

Really interested to see how he gets on. He could be a Kevin Nisbet who needs a lower level to get his confidence and then rebuilds a solid career, or a Derek Carcary who always looks like he's one game away from being brilliant, no matter what level he's at, until he falls out of the senior game altogether. 

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

Tony Dingwall has finally resurfaced. As someone predicted a month or two back, he's joined Elgin for the rest of the season. 

Really interested to see how he gets on. He could be a Kevin Nisbet who needs a lower level to get his confidence and then rebuilds a solid career, or a Derek Carcary who always looks like he's one game away from being brilliant, no matter what level he's at, until he falls out of the senior game altogether. 

I can't remember the last time I saw a footballer who embodies the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" as well as Tony Dingwall. He's too slow to be a winger, he's not technical enough as a number 10, never a centre forward and you'd be hard pressed to have him as a centre midfielder. And yet he probably filled in all of those positions at some point: even after a spell of just over a season with us I have no idea what his best position is. I don't think he'll ever look the same talent as the one Ross County fans saw before his injury.