The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

He's okay, was struggling for fitness all season and found it hard to get settled I think. He barely played much but by all accounts is a decent finisher and seems fairly smart when on the ball. Set up a last minute winner for us at Dundee Utd with a nice cutback.

Think we know he won't be a first team starter for us, and think he will be with you. I'd imagine it's related to us wanting Anderson and Hamilton as first choice and we look like signing another big striker soon. 

Good stuff, thank you. McGlynn seems to be putting a lot of faith in the healing hands of his medical team this year, we've brought in a couple already who missed a lot of last season with injury. 

Poplatnik seems to have an excellent scoring record when he's playing in the city of Kranj. Let's hope Kirkcaldy has something that reminds him of home. 

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

From what I know, if it is him the loan is until January. So if he does even half decent I bet we'd pull him back and keep him

Hopefully he does better than Lars Lokotsch. 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Hopefully he does better than Lars Lokotsch. 

In all honesty I reckon Lokotsch is the better player, but I've seen nowhere near enough to make that claim of either of them

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

With the option to recall (detailed in Livi's statement, not the Rovers'). 

He's 28... not like he's some hopeful youth that Livi still think they can cash in on. 

45 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

In all honesty I reckon Lokotsch is the better player, but I've seen nowhere near enough to make that claim of either of them

Just seen this. Christ.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

What's he like? I know he scored against us in the cup last year, but doesn't appear to have done a huge amount beyond that. 

A year long loan at 28 years old suggests Livi have written him off at Premiership level. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

He's okay, was struggling for fitness all season and found it hard to get settled I think. He barely played much but by all accounts is a decent finisher and seems fairly smart when on the ball. Set up a last minute winner for us at Dundee Utd with a nice cutback.

Think we know he won't be a first team starter for us, and think he will be with you. I'd imagine it's related to us wanting Anderson and Hamilton as first choice and we look like signing another big striker soon. 

Aye he got injured playing Utd and never really got back in the starting XI after that. Actually looked pretty good in a couple of games up to his injury, and was giving Robbo a run for his money holding onto first pick, when Robbo was on a purple patch. Good experienced player that has great awareness of what's around him to make plays for other players, and can finish well too, reckon with a decent run in Raith's team he'll do well for you.