The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

Iv not seen anything from snow to suggest he's good enough for this level. I didn't see the livi game where he apparently played well though. Whether it is a lack of ability or just not used to the pace the game was played at when he came on yesterday, it just seemed to pass him by.

He showed during a couple of trialist apperanced a pretty good passing touch and vision. We saw some of the passing and ball control skills yesterday, but also the rashness of youth and inexperience defending. Had we not been back fighting a rearguard action, his subbing on would have made sense. As it was, it made less sense.

Edited by TxRover

I thought Poplatnik was excellent yesterday.  Really made a nuicesance of himself, especially with Vaughans 2nd goal.  We've looked significantly poorer for him going off in the past 2 games, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I thought Poplatnik was excellent yesterday.  Really made a nuicesance of himself, especially with Vaughans 2nd goal.  We've looked significantly poorer for him going off in the past 2 games, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

Funnily enough, and maybe ironically, Morton fans were saying the same thing about Ugwu.

He showed during a couple of trialist apperanced a pretty good passing touch and vision. We saw some of the passing and ball control skills yesterday, but also the rashness of youth and inexperience defending. Had we not been back fighting a rearguard action, his subbing on would have made sense. As it was, it made less sense.
I didn't see much to suggest he knew how to play defensively yesterday. I was under the impression he was brought in to add a bit of steel to the midfield so him coming on when we were being pinned back made sense.
Said it to a few people at the game yesterday, poplatnik was making alot of very intelligent runs to create space and his flick ons, holding up the ball and general play was very good. He isn't going to get us many goals but as long as he's doing all that then others should make up for it.

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Exactly what you've been uggesting, that I could somehow be responsible for how the game went.

No ones been suggesting that. Not one person. 

What I've been suggesting is that if you're going to act the Billy Big baws in another teams completely unrelated thread about winning 4-0, you are then conspicuous by your absence when it goes to shit. 

You tell me how the Pars game went, you seemed to spend plenty time in the match thread. 

45 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What I've been suggesting is that if you're going to act the Billy Big baws in another teams completely unrelated thread about winning 4-0, you are then conspicuous by your absence when it goes to shit. 

You tell me how the Pars game went, you seemed to spend plenty time in the match thread. 

Billy Big Baws coming from a Dunfermline fan 😆

I've told you how your game went. If you're in denial Dunfermline couldn't beat the relegation favourites after all the hysteria about the fantastic team thats been assembed.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

I didn't see much to suggest he knew how to play defensively yesterday. I was under the impression he was brought in to add a bit of steel to the midfield so him coming on when we were being pinned back made sense.

Yea, to me he’s an AM, and the sub made no sense.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Said it to a few people at the game yesterday, poplatnik was making alot of very intelligent runs to create space and his flick ons, holding up the ball and general play was very good. He isn't going to get us many goals but as long as he's doing all that then others should make up for it.

Liking Poplatnik a lot now, hope it continues because he is contributing a lot to our attacking.

9 hours ago, CALDERON said:

It was really weird seeing fans at both ends of the ground, but I actually quite liked it.

Immediately thought this when I watched the highlights. Also negates the tactic of the other team winning the toss and turning us round to shoot the wrong way first half. Keep it, I say. 

9 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Billy Big Baws coming from a Dunfermline fan 😆

I've told you how your game went. If you're in denial Dunfermline couldn't beat the relegation favourites after all the hysteria about the fantastic team thats been assembed.

I'm not in denial, no one is, we drew at cappielow, that certainly won't be our worst result of the season. 

I wasn't however all over random match threads giving it the big un when we went 2-1 up, otherwise I would've looked very silly if we lost the lead. 

10 hours ago, CALDERON said:

It was really weird seeing fans at both ends of the ground, but I actually quite liked it.

We had that in our 2 home LC games too.  Was weird seeing fellow fans cheering in the away end when we scored.

When we got our penalty for the first goal, I saw the roar go up and thought "what the f**k are their fans shouting at" before taking a split second to remember that it was our support. I'm a big fan of the support being split over both ends myself.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:
11 hours ago, CALDERON said:

When we got our penalty for the first goal, I saw the roar go up and thought "what the f**k are their fans shouting at" before taking a split second to remember that it was our support. I'm a big fan of the support being split over both ends myself.

The view from the online audience is also positive. I liked seeing our fans at both ends. 

I actually hope that there  could be some solution post-covid that allows for fans at both ends.
That said, you can't beat the team charging towards a busy (ish) South Stand when chasing the game.
Where the home support famously "sook the ball into the net"?

Aye I've fair enjoyed being in the McDermid Stand for the last few games and would be great if we could have both stands for home fans going forward. Won't happen though. When I went down for my season ticket was told the Hamilton game was probably last game the club would use for home fans and no plans to utilise it for home fans going forward. 

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Immediately thought this when I watched the highlights. Also negates the tactic of the other team winning the toss and turning us round to shoot the wrong way first half. Keep it, I say. 

Agreed was in away end and quite liked it. Could potentially provide a better atmosphere. 

I enjoyed the novelty of being in Away end as well. Think it is a much better view aesthetically speaking, getting to see the Main stand box in the corner, and the section of the Railway stand you see closely is much nicer with the seats in it.

I wondered if having a crowd at both ends would help us 'sook the ball in' at both ends, and could be useful for when away supports are likely lower than 500 odd. 

But, at the same time, when shit was hitting the fan on Saturday, I wondered whether having the home crowd up the other end to draw the play forward and also to reduce the nervy reactions to crosses etc. would have helped us calm down a bit. 

6 and 2 3's, perhaps.