The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

I dunno, there's been ample opportunities as of late to get back to Starks but we couldn't even get 1800 home fans for the opening game of the season which was poor. 

The actual crowd was 1500 odd so we barely got 1,500 in, if that.

There's no danger there will be 5,000 at these games unless the away ends are pretty much sold out, which is unlikely for various reasons. 

Aye, as much as we were all hopeful we could suddenly leap from loads of restrictions to none, it was maybe always going to be a bit of a stretch. 

That said, unless we’re in with a chance of doing something at the business end of the season, five thousand is probably as much as we’d need anyway, and this is hopefully just another temporary step. 

Can understand why clubs with far bigger supports than ours will be raging about this, but we won’t really lose out at all. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

You mean brainwashed cultural marxists. or simply, woke.

They're easy to identify, just watch them  descend like a swarm of midges, leaving their red blotches 😄

Yea I’ve noticed. Bet they spilled their soy drinks reaching for the red buttons😆😆

57 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, as much as we were all hopeful we could suddenly leap from loads of restrictions to none, it was maybe always going to be a bit of a stretch. 

That said, unless we’re in with a chance of doing something at the business end of the season, five thousand is probably as much as we’d need anyway, and this is hopefully just another temporary step. 

Can understand why clubs with far bigger supports than ours will be raging about this, but we won’t really lose out at all. 

I tend to agree that 5000 will be enough. We got just over 5000 for the televised Scottish cup draw with Hearts a few years ago, that was a similar ko time and Hearts had well over 3000 of the support.

That said, it would be good if the club put the feelers out to Fife Council to see how difficult extra capacity would be to secure if require, is it a box ticking exercise or will the council have stringent requirements ? No one really knows if required.

I know distancing is being scrapped but 5500 at Starks or East End would be a fair bit more spread out than 2000 at Bayview.

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If that is true, we are in a world of trouble in the middle of the park. We’ll need to sign someone, it’s as simple as that.

Big ask for Arnott?

Not withstanding his powderpuff contribution when he came on on Saturday, Riley-Snow is a different player to Spencer. 

This is a disaster and I fully agree that we need someone else in. Our vulnerability to injuries is a sick joke. 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The actual crowd was 1500 odd so we barely got 1,500 in, if that.

There's no danger there will be 5,000 at these games unless the away ends are pretty much sold out, which is unlikely for various reasons. 

I was on my holidays. Have I used that excuse before?

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If that is true, we are in a world of trouble in the middle of the park. We’ll need to sign someone, it’s as simple as that.

Not sold on recalling Coulson and playing Coulson/Tait/Arnott???