The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Yes, you're a lowlife bigot. You smear the opinions of people with ordinary traditional values by associating them with "Paki" and "Darkie", entirely without warrant. You call this idiotic; your denial of your own words is where the idiocy is.

"Traditional values" sounds like the type of terminology that someone would use to justify their use of 'Pakis' or 'Darkies'.

No point in getting defensive in a forum, just have to roll yer eyes .  Ad even say our Raith posters are one o the best. Everyone seems to have a gid sense of humour. I get a bit arsey wi petty nit picking, with the word police. keep politics out the forum and try and keep it Rovers related, cause in end o the day Supporting the rovers is what we all have in common  . 

how long is Matthews out for?  

2 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

No point in getting defensive in a forum, just have to roll yer eyes .  Ad even say our Raith posters are one o the best. Everyone seems to have a gid sense of humour. I get a bit arsey wi petty nit picking, with the word police. keep politics out the forum and try and keep it Rovers related, cause in end o the day Supporting the rovers is what we all have in common  . 

how long is Matthews out for?  

You did well to keep it light for a minute,

Just now, Raith_Rasta said:

Its a legit question bruh lol . Wi popping in and out o the Raith p&b iv never spotted a post wi how long matthews is out. 

I've heard that it's a matter of weeks. 

That might be the timescale for him being fit enough to train rather than fit enough to be thrown into games. 

Just now, Raith_Rasta said:

Its a legit question bruh lol . Wi popping in and out o the Raith p&b iv never spotted a post wi how long matthews is out. 

@Ro Sham Bo got  it right in the previous post, the papers on Twitter seem to have the inside info on this.

I'm sure the Thursday interview with super John will confirm this.

6 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Some stone raj suggestions in here like Berra, Dick, Tumilty etc playing centre mid.

Play Blaise or Arnott. Literally zero reason to sign Blaise and keep Arnott around as centre mids if at the first hurdle we stick a career centre half, full back or Davie from Raith TV in there.

Mental.

Do you think he will just be one of those players that talks a good game? 

Riley-Snow seemingly played well against Livingston so he'll start I imagine. I wouldn't say that he looked out his depth against Hamilton, but his contribution can only be described as passive and soft; based on the Livingston feedback I was expecting more strength and presence. It was just the exact opposite of what I was hoping to see, so hopefully was a bit of an aberration. 

At the time, it seemed like a good call that sub. 

Snow was in theory the perfect sub to make at the time. Shore up the midfield by playing someone who was brought in to be more defensive minded. Having not seen the livi game I can only go on the friendlys and Saturday but he's looked massively out of his depth every time iv seen him. Positionally, he doesn't seem to know what to do and he was trying to tackle players in his head rather than the ones that were already past him.

50 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Some stone raj suggestions in here like Berra, Dick, Tumilty etc playing centre mid.

Play Blaise or Arnott. Literally zero reason to sign Blaise and keep Arnott around as centre mids if at the first hurdle we stick a career centre half, full back or Davie from Raith TV in there.

Mental.

Let’s see…suggested Tumilty or McKay at RM, where they’ve played before. Suggested Dick at LM, hasn’t played before. Suggested all three as possible DM’s, along with Lang…didn’t suggest a pure CM for any.