The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Snow was in theory the perfect sub to make at the time. Shore up the midfield by playing someone who was brought in to be more defensive minded. Having not seen the livi game I can only go on the friendlys and Saturday but he's looked massively out of his depth every time iv seen him. Positionally, he doesn't seem to know what to do and he was trying to tackle players in his head rather than the ones that were already past him.

In theory, yeah. In practice taking Vaughan off for BRS at 4-2 told Hamilton we were panicked and they really capitalised on it. I felt almost bit sorry for him really, he was thrown in at the deep end a bit on Saturday, he’s not had many game under his belt but he appeared to be completely lost and a bit out of his depth. He looked very good against Livi though, maybe the difference being he started that game and could settle into the flow of it better. His positioning, I thought, was still a bit off in that game but there’s promise there I’m sure.

5 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Hey sad sack, why don’t you go back to every post I’ve made since 2009 and red dot them. You absolute fuckin no mark.  Hank Scorpio triggered by words. Oh and get yer wee clique to do the same. 

In theory, yeah. In practice taking Vaughan off for BRS at 4-2 told Hamilton we were panicked and they really capitalised on it. I felt almost bit sorry for him really, he was thrown in at the deep end a bit on Saturday, he’s not had many game under his belt but he appeared to be completely lost and a bit out of his depth. He looked very good against Livi though, maybe the difference being he started that game and could settle into the flow of it better. His positioning, I thought, was still a bit off in that game but there’s promise there I’m sure.
Taking Vaughan off around that mark won't be uncommon this season I wouldn't think. He is definitely a player he needs to be managed well due to the injuries etc. He does look fit and like the player we know he can be though, long may it continue! Brs came on after Hamilton had made all of their subs iirc, the game was pretty much swinging at that stage regardless of taking Vaughan off. I don't think the subs we made, made any difference to the outcome. The game was going that way regardless of what mcglynn done imo. I genuinely messaged my mate telling him we weren't winning the game when it went 4-1.

Let’s see…suggested Tumilty or McKay at RM, where they’ve played before. Suggested Dick at LM, hasn’t played before. Suggested all three as possible DM’s, along with Lang…didn’t suggest a pure CM for any.

You haven’t been the only one to make ridiculous suggestions this time, although McKay at right midfield is up there with someone’s Berra at centre midfield shout.

BRS will play next to Tait most likely and we can only hope he plays in the same way he played vs Livingston, rather than how he played vs Hamilton. Dick and Tumilty will play left back and right back and it’s probably only a case of whether we keep our shape from the Hamilton game or we go with a back 5.

I agree that the obvious and only move is to bring BRS into the midfield in Inverness. Whether or not that also involves a move to a 3-4-3 is up for grabs, but he's the one who'll come in for Spencer. 

He certainly did look good against Livingston, and he absolutely looked out of his depth against Hamilton. I'm sure his actual ability level lies somewhere inbetween. I don't think he'll be regularly outperforming Premiership midfields, but there were some very good Championship players who also looked completely lost once the tide turned in that last 20 minutes on Saturday.

It'd be folly to write him off on that evidence alone, certainly with some of the wild alternatives that have been thrown around. Christophe Berra just pips Davie Hancock in the "most unsuited to a holding midfield role" stakes. 

With all due respect to the leisure centres of Eastern Spain, he's going to need to acclimatise to this level of football. You'd normally be looking at about a quarter of a season's worth of cameos and cup appearances to get up to speed, but he's had his baptism of fire now and it'll be swiftly followed being thrown in at the deep end against Caley, Aberdeen and the Pars. We just have to hope he's well equipped to deal with such awful mixed metaphors. 

43 minutes ago, Wardy said:

8FB05E79-9DAE-425C-B86C-475DCE445AFF.gif

Davidson won the header and his arm/elbow clattered Todorov in the back of the head.  Davidson, a complete jobber in Scottish football, then said whatever he said and got sent off.

Happy to debate it with you?

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Davidson won the header and his arm/elbow clattered Todorov in the back of the head.  Davidson, a complete jobber in Scottish football, then said whatever he said and got sent off.

Do you have evidence of what he said to Todorov recorded too. If what happened is undeniable then please produce what you have then we can put it to bed. Davidson was always an easy target for referees anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I agree that the obvious and only move is to bring BRS into the midfield in Inverness. Whether or not that also involves a move to a 3-4-3 is up for grabs, but he's the one who'll come in for Spencer. 

He certainly did look good against Livingston, and he absolutely looked out of his depth against Hamilton. I'm sure his actual ability level lies somewhere inbetween. I don't think he'll be regularly outperforming Premiership midfields, but there were some very good Championship players who also looked completely lost once the tide turned in that last 20 minutes on Saturday.

It'd be folly to write him off on that evidence alone, certainly with some of the wild alternatives that have been thrown around. Christophe Berra just pips Davie Hancock in the "most unsuited to a holding midfield role" stakes. 

With all due respect to the leisure centres of Eastern Spain, he's going to need to acclimatise to this level of football. You'd normally be looking at about a quarter of a season's worth of cameos and cup appearances to get up to speed, but he's had his baptism of fire now and it'll be swiftly followed being thrown in at the deep end against Caley, Aberdeen and the Pars. We just have to hope he's well equipped to deal with such awful mixed metaphors. 

Have we ever tried playing Davie Hancock in midfield?

Obvs this could affect the performance of Raith TV but it’s maybe worth a shot. 

Just now, baillieinleeds said:

Do you have evidence of what he said to Todorov recorded too. If what happened is undeniable then please produce what you have then we can put it to bed. Davidson was always an easy target for referees anyway. 

I didn't say I had evidence for what he said.  I'm debating that Todorov is/isn't a diver.  You can clearly see Davidson's arm/elbow clattering his head. 

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I didn't say I had evidence for what he said.  I'm debating that Todorov is/isn't a diver.  You can clearly see Davidson's arm/elbow clattering his head. 

He is a diver, I’m not Raging about it either. It’s a common trick for strikers. So it isn’t just solely aimed at Todorov. I’m not debating that Davidson didn’t use hands. It was the I’ve been murdered way he fell. 

Just now, baillieinleeds said:

He is a diver, I’m not Raging about it either. It’s a common trick for strikers. So it isn’t just solely aimed at Todorov. I’m not debating that Davidson didn’t use hands. It was the I’ve been murdered way he fell. 

I dunno old yin, I think a 6ft plus footballer's forearm/elbow to the back of your head would be fairly sore.

With regards to your first point, presumably you'll have examples of him diving? Also, you do realise he wasn't sent off for the collision, yes?  What was he sent off for?

33 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Not that fussed to debate on a topic that was last season, and both players don’t even play for the same teams. But you bash on if you wish…

I see you’ve caught a big fish anyway. So I’ll leave you with that.

Just now, Wardy said:

Not that fussed to debate on a topic that was last season, and both players don’t even play for the same teams. But you bash on if you wish…

I see you’ve caught a big fish anyway. So I’ll leave you with that.

Thank you brother.