The New Raith Rovers Thread

Problem is Scottish clubs clearly don't have the money to take a punt on players the way Fulham did with Bowie. The only players Scottish clubs will go large on are recognised goal scorers but even then we rarely get to know the details. Nisbet, Shankland and Dykes all left championship clubs for Premier league outfits but for how much?  I'll bet none went for an awful lot more than double the figure allegedly quoted for Dylan and bear in mind those guys were all on fire scoring for their clubs at that time.

I'd dearly love to see us get £200k+ for Tait but I can't see it at this point, maybe if he has a great season and an English club came in for him but a Scottish club? Naw.

At this point in time I'd take £100k + Addons + Loans (Tait & Gullan).

Given our luck with serious injuries it's not hard to see how it can go even more pear shaped very quickly.

Sorry, if we are accepting £100k for talented young players who we tie down on long term contracts, we are pretty much admitting that we have zero intention of being anything other than a yo yo club between divisions.

I don't have a problem with that as such, it's no different than the past 25 years, but it's completely at odds with the message the club try to give.

11 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Problem is Scottish clubs clearly don't have the money to take a punt on players the way Fulham did with Bowie. The only players Scottish clubs will go large on are recognised goal scorers but even then we rarely get to know the details. Nisbet, Shankland and Dykes all left championship clubs for Premier league outfits but for how much?  I'll bet none went for an awful lot more than double the figure allegedly quoted for Dylan and bear in mind those guys were all on fire scoring for their clubs at that time.

I'd dearly love to see us get £200k+ for Tait but I can't see it at this point, maybe if he has a great season and an English club came in for him but a Scottish club? Naw.

At this point in time I'd take £100k + Addons + Loans (Tait & Gullan).

Given our luck with serious injuries it's not hard to see how it can go even more pear shaped very quickly.

Is that the point though? Hang on and find out, then you are replacing him when there is time in the Summer, and if he isn't quite good enough to attract an English suitor then, we'll Hibs will still be there.

But would they (Hibs) wait for him, Renton?

Player and agent will clearly be wanting it now and if Raith say no then they have a disgruntled player on their hands who may simply down tools. This has never worked out well for us in the past with players (Bates, Toshney, Murray, Nisbet) nor managers (McLean and Snakey Ray) all of whom left for very little or nowt.

Better to make absolutely the best deal you can now and use it to your advantage with spin offs such as pointing out to young signing targets and saying "look at our track record and what we can do for you"

4 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

But would they (Hibs) wait for him, Renton?

Player and agent will clearly be wanting it now and if Raith say no then they have a disgruntled player on their hands who may simply down tools. This has never worked out well for us in the past with players (Bates, Toshney, Murray, Nisbet) nor managers (McLean and Snakey Ray) all of whom left for very little or nowt.

Better to make absolutely the best deal you can now and use it to your advantage with spin offs such as pointing out to young signing targets and saying "look at our track record and what we can do for you"

If he has a good season, then yeah - I imagine there would still be interest.

While I understand the point about disgruntled players, there is also the fact he signed a long deal. He knew what he was getting into, and that by doing so he might need to be patient for a move, since his capacity to force a move for pennies while his contract ran out wasn't there.

By signing such a contract he gained a good deal of certainty for himself but also surely granted the club some leverage to choose an exit that suited them as well. There has to be give and take.

Letting him go for relative buttons, at a cycle in the transfer window where we can do nothing to replace him (having that day confirmed our main creative forces won't play again this season) only serves to underline our lack of forward planning. Signing him on a long deal was a strategic move that would allow us to either build the base of a team around him, or maximise our economic gain. Letting him go for f**k all, now is a really stupid move, regardless of add ons or shite loanees coming the other direction.

We've been a selling club since time immemorial, but that aside I'm not for one minute believing that this was all put together 4 hours before the window shut, the board would have to make a decision, management would've had to been approached or does the CEO make all these decisions on Sims behalf regarding the club, I can see £100k+ making sense if the lad doesn't want to go to England at this moment in time 

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

The FFP now confident enough to run with the story as a done deal, although it's very light on detail. 

And I bet Hibs won't be selling him on at the first sign of interest a quarter of his way into the contract.

It's OK though, because we get to keep him for 3 more months.

Fucking tinpot behaviour of the highest order. 

14 hours ago, Raithie said:

It'll be the usual 'undisclosed fee'. 

9 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

FFP online saying hes signed a 4 year deal with Hibs for an undisclosed fee just waiting on confirmation. 

There's a surprise....

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The bald Messiah better be getting a fair whack of that money to strengthen the team in January 

All going on Sim's portacabin dreams I reckon.

So long as we limp to the finish line above 9th, we may have to call that a good season.

Ah, our old mate undisclosed. Basically we've allowed our pants to be pulled down here, then. But then we knew that already. 

We'll find out the fee when the next set of accounts is published and everyone has largely forgotten about it. Get the CEO and Sim in front of the camera again to justify this.

We are a tinpot shambles of a club. f**k off Rovers. 

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The bald Messiah better be getting a fair whack of that money to strengthen the team in January 

Whatever money he's given it's unlikely to be anyone equivalent to Tait. If this goes ahead for £100K the Rovers won't be winners.

The worrying aspect of all this is it didn't just happen out of the blue yesterday, the club knew about a crocked Vaughan a week ago and probably were approached by Hibs around then as well, yet we had no badly needed incoming transfers lined up ti cover Vaughans absence

Edited by SirJimmyofNic