The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Will you please make up your mind…and quit reading mine (excepting McKay now)

I don’t think the younger players are  ready  for the championship , Lang is an experienced player. The diddy cup is the place to try them in as no one really cares if we go out ( but we probably won’t play them) is that clear enough for you? Pretty pissed off with things today and recently at the club( as are others)  bring in all this money and our options are kids off the bench🤦🏻‍♂️ Wtf !! 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

I don’t think the younger players are  ready  for the championship , Lang is an experienced player. The diddy cup is the place to try them in as no one really cares if we go out ( but we probably won’t play them) is that clear enough for you? Pretty pissed off with things today and recently at the club( as are others)  bring in all this money and our options are kids off the bench🤦🏻‍♂️ Wtf !! 

Sorry, I thought you were one of many suggesting that the Diddie Cup wasn’t the place to try the young’uns while we were with a winning side…

Now, as for everyone else…“The squad is too thin”

Lets look at that (excludes loanees) until January…

Keeper: 3 signed and healthy, but one is young and inexperienced…we’re OK.

Defenders: 7 signed and present. LB, 1 primary position, 3 able to cover. RB, 1 primary position, 2 able to cover. CB, 4 primary position, 1 able to cover…we’re OK.

Midfield (excludes wingers): 5 primary position…we’re a little light, but Musonda is likely to join this bunch to help, we’re probably OK.

Winger: 3 primary position, with 2 AM able to cover…a tad light, but probably OK.

Forward: 3 primary position and 2 wingers able to cover…numbers are OK, production isn’t.

Summary, we are light on threat, not players. We simply aren’t getting the results from some of the signed players. Several people said we have to play Varian because he’s scoring, well that’s stopped, so what now? Mitchell is likely too young and raw to start, so do we push on with Varian (who’s working hard) or give Poplatnik another run at it (he’s showing hard work when he plays too). Or do we go light and try Connolly/Fotheringham/Zanatta?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Sorry, I thought you were one of many suggesting that the Diddie Cup wasn’t the place to try the young’uns while we were with a winning side…

Now, as for everyone else…“The squad is too thin”

Lets look at that (excludes loanees) until January…

Keeper: 3 signed and healthy, but one is young and inexperienced…we’re OK.

Defenders: 7 signed and present. LB, 1 primary position, 3 able to cover. RB, 1 primary position, 2 able to cover. CB, 4 primary position, 1 able to cover…we’re OK.

Midfield (excludes wingers): 5 primary position…we’re a little light, but Musonda is likely to join this bunch to help, we’re probably OK.

Winger: 3 primary position, with 2 AM able to cover…a tad light, but probably OK.

Forward: 3 primary position and 2 wingers able to cover…numbers are OK, production isn’t.

Summary, we are light on threat, not players. We simply aren’t getting the results from some of the signed players. Several people said we have to play Varian because he’s scoring, well that’s stopped, so what now? Mitchell is likely too young and raw to start, so do we push on with Varian (who’s working hard) or give Poplatnik another run at it (he’s showing hard work when he plays too). Or do we go light and try Connolly/Fotheringham/Zanatta?

We need to give poplatnik a chance, varian works hard and will be loved by his teammates for it, just not sure he will score a lot . Currently we are getting results so John will be happy, my concern is we get an injury or suspension to any of our forward players, who do we turn to. Numbers wise you are correct Tx just comes down to recruitment again and whatever has gone on with keatings. With Connolly injured you saw we missed him, if that really was for a period then we pitch in kai and a lot of pressure on his shoulders or young Mitchell. I think that’s poor management also pinning our hopes on vaughan with his injury record( for the record I love him and fully support him) wasn’t a wise move and his replacement or competition (keatings) has so far been a disaster. Let’s hope we get lucky till January 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Strictly its midnight but the SFA offices were treating today as a normal day and closing at 5pm. They did say though that if any club knew a deal was going to be done tonight and let them know in advance they would arrange for someone to process the registration remotely. 

This, combined with a message from a not so reliable source, has given me hope we may actually be bringing in a striker after all. 

21 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

This, combined with a message from a not so reliable source, has given me hope we may actually be bringing in a striker after all. 

I hope it does happen not because I think our team is poor , we just need to support the guys, can’t expect varian to carry that load on his own be interesting to see poplatnik more in the hole 

5 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Meanwhile, another rival adds to their striking options, with Innes Cameron joining QoS. I’m not saying I wanted him at Stark’s, but others are adding to their options whilst we seem to be standing still. Or at least the team will be when it picks itself yet again on Saturday for another tough game because there’s no-one else to choose.

Imagine loaning a forward to a team in your own league.

You can only presume Kilmarnock aren't intending to get relegated.

18 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Imagine loaning a forward to a team in your own league.

You can only presume Kilmarnock aren't intending to get relegated.

We both are well acquainted with a club which has a past history of something similar!

Oh! Wait a minute!🤔🥴

Edited by embow

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

I hope it does happen not because I think our team is poor , we just need to support the guys, can’t expect varian to carry that load on his own be interesting to see poplatnik more in the hole 

As others have noted, Fotheringham had some interesting play when he was directed more centrally…Fotheringham as a false 9 is interesting. Poplatnik seems plenty skilled with the ball and distributing, and he’s willing to work, maybe he can come good as an up top striker…or, as a final insane note, Zanatta has played plenty of CF before…maybe Poplatnik deeper as a AM/SS, Fotheringham and Connolly on the wings and a pair of Tait/Matthews/Spencer in the middle (optionally, Tait in place of Fotheringham wide). OK, time to stop drinking!

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As others have noted, Fotheringham had some interesting play when he was directed more centrally…Fotheringham as a false 9 is interesting. Poplatnik seems plenty skilled with the ball and distributing, and he’s willing to work, maybe he can come good as an up top striker…or, as a final insane note, Zanatta has played plenty of CF before…maybe Poplatnik deeper as a AM/SS, Fotheringham and Connolly on the wings and a pair of Tait/Matthews/Spencer in the middle (optionally, Tait in place of Fotheringham wide). OK, time to stop drinking!

You are John Mcglynn and this is masked poster 😂😂

I don’t think the younger players are  ready  for the championship , Lang is an experienced player. The diddy cup is the place to try them in as no one really cares if we go out ( but we probably won’t play them) is that clear enough for you? Pretty pissed off with things today and recently at the club( as are others)  bring in all this money and our options are kids off the bench[emoji2359] Wtf !! 
If I was one of those folk paying in some of the 4k pm to the fund, Id be really starting to question the point of it.

Sent from my BAH2-W19 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

If I was one of those folk paying in some of the 4k pm to the fund, Id be really starting to question the point of it.

Sent from my BAH2-W19 using Tapatalk

Aye because giving the club less money will make things better.

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

It won’t but people pay into it to increase the players budget so we hopefully attract better players, seen a few folk say they have stopped contributing after this summer

So what is it they hope to achieve by not contributing? They want an even smaller player budget? Probably the same folk who moaned about us signing Berra and Zanatta.