The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Agree 100% with this. There's very little between any of the teams in the league.

The Pars are bottom because they're missing chances and can't defend set pieces, while Killie are currently top because they've nicked a few late goals (away to QOS  and Ayr etc) and, other than against us, aren't conceding many. But in the main, there's no vast gulf in quality.

The teams who will end up near the top, come the end of the season, are the ones who can stand firm when they're under the cosh and score goals when they're on top.

That is Queens season under the cosh.we concede poor goals when on top we can't score.

We really miss Dobbie he would have been the difference in many games this season

We have the youngest.squad in.the League that is our problem if only we had Berra at the back .wins everything in the air

1 hour ago, embow said:

I'm not saying he would have turned things around but I'd have had him on around the 60 minutes mark. If not him, then at least someone in place of the right back. The guy was not very good. A total mare of a game to be honest. Not once did he get past St Alban's left back. Never got a dangerous cross in. Indeed, rarely got any type of cross in. Very often gave the ball away in promising positions on the edge of the box, and to cap it all slipped to allow the guy in to lay the ball off for the winner. 

I watched some of one of their league games a few weeks ago and he was pretty quiet. Neat and tidy in what he did but all of it done on the peripheries of the match. 

It probably didn't help that they were getting outplayed that day. 

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we offer a few more Fife Elite lads contracts before the end of the year.

I'm just excited to see how long it will take before Tx starts touting him for first team action in order to rotate the squad... 

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm just excited to see how long it will take before Tx starts touting him for first team action in order to rotate the squad... 

America truly is the land of the free and nothing shows that more than him having the ability to speculate that a 17 year old centre half should be used a raumdeuter...

(Just kidding TX, I actually like seeing your suggestions). 

18 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Sending a note to my mate, John...wanna selfie of your expression at the 89' mark Saturday...

17 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

America truly is the land of the free and nothing shows that more than him having the ability to speculate that a 17 year old centre half should be used a raumdeuter...

(Just kidding TX, I actually like seeing your suggestions). 

...just kidding too.

This is the Raith Rovers I love, never knowing when to give up. Rovers teams in the past always seemed to give up the ghost around clocks back time. This lot have totally upped the ante. Everybody groaned about Zanatta and Connolly coming back. For me, they’ve found their calling, yea I’ve had a lot to drink, but by god this team are fighting for each other. A real f’ing team effort. Thanks to McGlynn and Smudger. 

22 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

Might be old news ? but cool he mentions the Rovers. 👍

Gotta say Tazz, that was a nice gesture. If I’m honest and gotta say it’s hard to admit. East Fife are still a big deal. Glad you care to some extent. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Jeff had that whole Roath raivers thing but he has done the hall of fame night for us in the past as well iirc. We're obviously his big team.

The guys a legend, whoever take over has big shoes to fill 

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Gotta say Tazz, that was a nice gesture. If I’m honest and gotta say it’s hard to admit. East Fife are still a big deal. Glad you care to some extent. 

Cheers mate, Got to admit the Rovers are doing really great this season, brilliant league to keep an eye on , East Fife are struggling again FFS ☹️ good to have our clubs mentioned on national TV. 👍