The New Raith Rovers Thread

37 minutes ago, Hottoddy22 said:

Falkirk signed Dowds from East Fife

I think you are misreading the comments re this. We are all aware that Dowds is a Falkirk player and that he went on loan to Arbroath. The original comment was saying that we made an offer to Dowds when he left East Fife but he decided to take up Falkirk's offer instead 

f**k me this is painful.

Anyway today was a kick in the baws and although we have dripped to fourth we are 3 points off top so not the worst day out. We seemed to have settled back down following the 2 defeats. We've signed some quality players and I think we will kick on again which brings me to next week. Win this and its well and truely game on again. 

2 hours ago, renton said:

Regarding Keatings apparently losing his squad number, there is at least a basic consistency after having fucked us up so often over the years, he's fucking us up one final time stealing a wage.

One of my most hated players ever. 

Scores about a quarter of his career goals against us, then we sign him and he's of no use to us because his body isn't strong enough. 

While losing a goal so late was a sore one today, thought the performance was much improved on recent weeks. Team looked a lot livelier and creating chances at least, even if they still weren’t finishing them. Great to have Berra back and Gullan showed some great movement and passing when he came on. The strength of the bench shows how much the squad has improved on the start of the season. Some real quality in there. A striker who can score would obviously be delightful, but a bit more cause for optimism.  Not a particularly helpful thought, but did think what we’d be like if we had Vaughan as an option this season. Gutting. 

So Keatings has played for us and Montrose, so no loan outwith Montrose is possible, as I understand it, this year. What options do we have, if any, if he elects to play out his contract and won’t agree to a termination?

Edited by TxRover

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So Keatings has played for us and Montrose, so no loan outwith Montrose is possible, as I understand it, this year. What options do we have, if any, if he elects to play out his contract and won’t agree to a termination?

We paid Scott McBride for two years for basically scratching his arse, so much about the same really.