The New Raith Rovers Thread

58 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'd have settled for mid table , but we carried that form on and had a run of games that saw McGlynn say we'll have a tilt at the title but We've been chronic since the begining of December though and there has to be a reason for that dramatic drop in form and a team that couldn't score in a brothel

Brad Spencer got croaked on 4th December. We managed to grind out a win against Killie the next week but since then we’ve struggled. Although last week at Inverness was a good performance.

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm in possession of absolutely none of the facts, but I'm going to suggest that absolutely anyone being chucked out of hospitality at a football match is probably a walloper. 

I'm sure there's a whole other thread for talking about Dunfermline Athletic, chief. 

None of the facts would be correct.

14 minutes ago, Wardy said:

FAO the Chief Executive. My brother was chucked out of hospitality today for basically shouting that Jamie Gullan Should have trapped a long ball. 

This has got shades of, I only said “it’s an early bath for you, Cantona” about it.

Maybe wrong but why would you get chucked out for just saying that Gullan should have trapped a long ball?

Edited by Scary Bear

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

This has got shades of, I only said “it’s an early bath for you, Cantona” about it.

Maybe wrong but why would you get chucked out for just saying that Gullan should have trapped a long ball?

Don’t get me wrong after half time there was a “let’s calm it down” after half time but FFS the atmosphere was like a morgue before half time and that was when we were fucking winning….it’s a fucking pisstake. 

Even John Sim agreed after the game. That’s all I’ll say. Too many player taking the fucking piss and thinking they are better than they actually are.

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Proper heads gone stuff here tonight. Very poor performance today but many games left and many surprises to come, for every team, with the exception perhaps of Arbroath. They looked accomplished.

It does come across a bit heads gone. We’ve lost by a late penalty to the team at the top of the league. We’d probably have escaped with a draw if Berra hadn’t gone off. We didn’t play well but we still competed for most of the game.

Have to admit. I'm fucking disgusted with that performance today.

Yes, title is gone. Two points in 15.... you are lucky if we make play offs on that.

We were absurdly bad today. What is the point in 3 at the back when your left back is the weak link in the team and gets a nose bleed when he crosses half way. What is the point in a front two with no real number 9, so the ball keeps coming back at you. Three in the middle and couldn't get a grip in the game.

Despite my own personal tendency towards feeling the worst after a bad game, I try to calm down and put it in perspective. Yet there are no positives from that.

And let's talk about the long term. There is no equilibrium here, no staying put and stamping our name on the bench for 7th for ever more. You are always exiting the division, one way or the other... and realistically when we aren't trying to do it the right way, we'll end up doing it the other.

Edited by renton

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

42 pts left to play for, 6 points off top of league. A wee bit of perspective required by some.

On current trends how many of those points would we pick up?

And, for perspective: we were fucking shite from back to front with literally not a single player worthy of even a pass mark.

I was in hospitality and our "man of the match" still hadn't been released from the McGlynn hairdryer treatment by the time the bar shut, which tells you what he thinks... albeit, he deserves a lot of blame with his system and setup today.

I mean, you could have given the Mom to Blaise Riley Snow for all it was worth.

Edited by renton

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Just watched McGlynn’s post match interview and he is absolutely raging too. I think the last time I saw him that raging was when we lost away at Stranraer that time and he had a go at Davie Hancock.

Maybe that's why he didn't do the interview.