The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

OK, so clearly NO PR consultant helping the club at the moment....

You'd certainly hope we didn't pay a PR agency £10k for that!

Nothing really objectionable within my reading, but it took two weeks to put that out?! Most of it could easily have been tacked onto the 'we got it wrong' statement. 

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:
2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:
I see we have another statement out.

Have you read it? That's what I meant - clearly no consultancy taking place.

It’s not a bad statement but it doesn’t really progress matters. It’s a bit long-winded and doesn’t really say much. Another holding statement. 

It's the placeholder statement they should have put out a week ago.

Insofar as we know, Sim will step back (based on his email replies) and this statement also makes it appear like their will be broader changes in the boardroom makeup. So that is a small advancement in our knowledge.

12 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I agree theres nothing contentious but it's a missed opportunity and says nothing new, really, save to confirm the board have no intention of going anywhere. Bah....

Not getting rid of them unless Sim's control is diluted, unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Sounds like Sim needs to find at least two extra people who aren't men over the age of 60 who will obey his every command in an attempt to say "we've diversified". I've got to say I'm hugely cynical at the moment.

White middle aged man with dyslexia to cover the persons with disabilities angle. 

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I agree theres nothing contentious but it's a missed opportunity and says nothing new, really, save to confirm the board have no intention of going anywhere. Bah....

That's the worrying overtone for me, I noticed the dissenting directors names were removed from the board at Companies house on Feb 1st that would have happened before some of us even knew they'd resigned. The speed at which the board (Sim) moved there suggests there is no way back for the two that the fans have most in common with.

I still can't see how all those that have walked (Directors, volunteers, employees and to an extent fans) can ever return to the fold to work with people who not only have such a different outlook but seem to give the impression that they still don't think their acts are reason enough for them to go. Perhaps there is a reshuffle coming and people will go, it's a bit unrealistic to expect all 4 to be gone at the same time, who would be left to arrange the next f**k up? But if that is case and there will be Directors standing down why not say so or at least make it clearer that will eventually be the case?

Would've thought that the BoD would've taken that opportunity to apologise and put their name to a statement, could've addressed the sponsor situation aswell. 

Instead it reads as a "We need the volunteers back, things might change". 

Don't know what it is about football clubs, but fans of every club probably get the fear when they see there's been a club statement, they are inevitably shit. 

Edited by Grant228

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

There is a practical limitation to what can beachieved in 'getting rid of them' though.

Sim, through his various emailed replies looks likely to step back as chairman. That's a start, at least in so much as it offers the opportunity to get a chairperson in who will offer day to day governance (and which by extension may make the CEO role redundant). However Sim will remain by far the dominant shareholder in the club and any chairperson will have to act with Sim's forbearance. Ergo it has to be someone that Sim is willing to trust which in turn probably means we aren't going to be getting someone who's instincts are largely unaligned to Sim's.

Sim will still be on the board, of the other 3, Morgan is in with the bricks at this point, but if there was an opportunity to move him away from the commercial director gig, and get some fresh blood in there that'd be a bonus. Sinton has come and gone before, so may not be fussy about staying now. I don't know much about MacDonald though he's relatively new, and did stick his name on the shirt on Sunday so that may be an indicator he's in it for the long haul.

I think the best you can hope for is that Sim stepping back in favour of a chairperson closer to the situation allows us to jettison the CEO (albeit that might come with difficulites regarding our assistant manager). Ideally you'd want that new chairperson to come in from outside the current board but again, you aren't looking at a huge pool of people with the necessary skill sets, time and money to dedicate to it. A larger board that is more broadly representative, which at least dilutes the existing board members influence is probably more likely that emptying the current board and is the minimum necessary to try and pull the club forward. Can someone clarify what will happen with the fans director? If Andy Mill doesn't want to do it (which he'd be more than justified if he didn't), are we gaurenteed rerpresentation for the Trust holdings (i.e. would there need to be fresh elections) and any changes to the board being proposed - would the trust stakeholder (s) need to sign off on it? Can anything change while there is no current fans director?

It is all fine and well saying they will look to rebalance the board, my assumption here is that to be on the board you will likely need to invest? So not only do they need to find someone willing to give their time but also a sum of money to club who aren't having their finest moment. 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

It is all fine and well saying they will look to rebalance the board, my assumption here is that to be on the board you will likely need to invest? So not only do they need to find someone willing to give their time but also a sum of money to club who aren't having their finest moment. 

And presumably have experience in running a decent sized business. Like you said, these sorts don’t exactly grown on trees. 

One of the most annoying things about this whole episode is that the current board have done wonders through very difficult times recently in growing the club and running things very well. One stupid decision has brought the house down.

7 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Clyde fan on their forum saying Goodwillie might be off to Darvel.

I don't think this will happen - there's been rumours of an approach for a long time but a lot of that comes from the overriding thought that Goodwillie could NEVER move to another team in the SPFL because of the uproar it would cause, combined with the fact that Darvel are wedged from numerous sources so could afford to pay him what he would look for if he were to leave on a free transfer.

It's a bit of an Occam's Razor scenario.

I think realistically if he were to continue playing football after this he could probably get away with it at that level, but Darvel are ambitious and wouldn't want their introduction to most of Scotlands public to be that they've signed DGW even after the furore.