The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 20/03/2022 at 11:06, Brashy's Boots said:

To change subject slightly, the Frank Connor programme issued yesterday is a great piece of work. Good to see perspectives from other clubs included.

Yep

Programme was excellent and a fitting tribute to FC

Regards play off

Slim enough as it is,if Partick beat Dunfermline on Tuesday that,ll be that

On another note,see theres a massive two candidates for Supporters director.One male,one female

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Having read both candidates opening statements I’d have to say that Dorothy Wilson is well ahead at this stage Her statement is well written and precise and clear in what she wants to do and what she bring to the table where as Steven Grahams looks like a first year essay - I’m a Rovers fan and have been for ages, we should all do the same thing etc etc , not sure what he is bringing to the table🤔

A crude and objective way of looking at it, perhaps, but if we were to offer Mcglynn a new deal today, the club would be proactively extending the contract of a manager who has overseen a run of 1 win in 13 games.
Not saying its right or wrong, but I don't think that's something that will have happened very often.
Conversely, we'd lose the man who took us on a 15 game unbeaten run and who had us second top on January 2nd. Make no bones about it, its been a horrendous period coupled with our worst bit of PR we could've ever done but I don't think it's disingenuous to suggest we could've had at least 3 wins out of that period (2 versus Caley and 1 vs QOTS at home) had our luck been a bit more kind.

I've cooled on McGlynn a lot, but I think Arbroath show there's a lot to be gained from retaining what you've got rather than going on with a full rebuild.

If he gets a new deal, the first order is business has to be getting Poplatnik on a pre-contract. When we had 11 players on the pitch on Saturday, he was running the show.

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Conversely, we'd lose the man who took us on a 15 game unbeaten run and who had us second top on January 2nd. Make no bones about it, its been a horrendous period coupled with our worst bit of PR we could've ever done but I don't think it's disingenuous to suggest we could've had at least 3 wins out of that period (2 versus Caley and 1 vs QOTS at home) had our luck been a bit more kind.

I've cooled on McGlynn a lot, but I think Arbroath show there's a lot to be gained from retaining what you've got rather than going on with a full rebuild.

If he gets a new deal, the first order is business has to be getting Poplatnik on a pre-contract. When we had 11 players on the pitch on Saturday, he was running the show.

Question with Poplatnik is whether this is a recent up turn in form or if we just needed to play him consistently for a few games to start to see it. If it's the latter then that's a question McGlynn needs to answer.

At the start of the season, him and Vaughan looked like a pretty complimentary partnership tbh, I wouldn't mind keeping him. We also somehow need to get Brad Spencer signed up again.

Question with Poplatnik is whether this is a recent up turn in form or if we just needed to play him consistently for a few games to start to see it. If it's the latter then that's a question McGlynn needs to answer.
At the start of the season, him and Vaughan looked like a pretty complimentary partnership tbh, I wouldn't mind keeping him. We also somehow need to get Brad Spencer signed up again.
I think Brad will re-sign. I think Tumilty will be away though. Ideally we can keep Musonda.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:
2 minutes ago, renton said:

I think Brad will re-sign. I think Tumilty will be away though. Ideally we can keep Musonda.

Aye, Suspect Tumilty will be away and we'll only hold onto Spencer if his spell out has made him less conspicuous.

If holding onto Poplatnik is an option we should take it - I'm slightly concerned about McGlynn's recent ability to pick a forward (and no, not talking about the obvious f**k up).... take Gozie Ugwu, a lot of us thought he'd shown "enough" and he's turned in a reasonable enough season for Morton. He likely wouldn't be a star performer every week but I definitely think he'd have been a positive addition to the squad this year. Instead, McGlynn went with a whole forward line re-build, when a bit more time making sure the midfield linkage/no 10 position was well taken care of.

Hahaha! f**k sake! That's quality for Frankie but deary me, it never just rains, eh? 

We'll almost certainly be without five of the players who started against Caley Thistle, not to mention the manager, and that was a team that was already injury hit!

Unless there's a free agent found down the back of a sofa somewhere, we'll be starting the game with our only fit goalkeeper and our only four available senior defenders. We'll have an apprentice left back on the bench. 

Brilliant stuff. 

Oh my sides. Our season is like a fucking storyline in Striker. Right down to the badly rendered CGI.

Farcical. Thompson will get injured and we'll end up chucking Dario in goals.

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

We're also just assuming Dave McKay will be available. He didn't make the bench on Saturday and there were two empty slots. 

What do we do? Appeal the Bene decision (with zero chance of success) and phone in a bomb threat on the day of the appeal to try and keep him available?

7 minutes ago, renton said:

Oh my sides. Our season is like a fucking storyline in Striker. Right down to the badly rendered CGI.

Farcical. Thompson will get injured and we'll end up chucking Dario in goals.

Reckon we could stick a number 4 on the French lad with the pony tail?

9 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Where was Paul Smith on Saturday? If he's missing again this Saturday and McGlynn finds himself in the stand, who's going to take the team?

Get the guys at K107 to run a competition on who gets to sit in the dugout?

We can assume McKay had the illness, and should be recovered for Saturday…should…

Thats Tumilty/McKay/Mackie/Dick as the starting four across the back. The only reserve defender is Young, a LB. Bow’s condition is unknown, so who will be the backup keeper? Matthews and Stanton are emergency defenders since they often play DM, and perhaps Connolly as well?