The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Still raging at that imposter in the middle, but how many times this season have we lost games in the last 10-15 mins, theres a desperate lack of leadership and communication on the park

This. As bad as the ref was, we didn’t have the strength to hold on for the win. The equaliser was coming and then to lose another was criminal, regardless of whether Williamson was fouled. We have  a glass jaw in the last 10 minutes of matches. 

From a quick scan through results I make it 17 goals conceded in the last 15 minutes of league games - compared to only 22 conceded in the first 75 minutes of games. Might not be completely accurate as it was just a quick look through but that’s an incredible stat

Edited by roverthemoon

6 games to go and only 2 home games left. 7 points clear of Morton and Accies. Can we maintain 5th place?

The injuries and suspensions won’t help our cause. All depends on whether Accies or Morton can have a strong finish and pick up a few wins.

Can we still mount a challenge for a play-off place? What are your thoughts?

Edited by Scary Bear

It’s obviously still possible that we can make 4th, but yesterday now makes it hellishly difficult. We are probably going to need 12 points as a minimum to make it. Given that our games are against 3 of the top 4 away from home, plus Dunfermline away, I’d rate those chances as about 100/1. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

We are far more likely to beat the top 4 than we are Dunfermline, tbh. 

Too many points have even dropped against the worst teams in the league this season. Three draws against Dunfermline, two defeats against Ayr and one victory against QoS being prime examples. 

9 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

6 games to go and only 2 home games left. 7 points clear of Morton and Accies. Can we maintain 5th place?

The injuries and suspensions won’t help our cause. All depends on whether Accies or Morton can have a strong finish and pick up a few wins.

That one of those two home games is against us, tied with your string of selection issues, leads me to think that you're down to a 50% shot now. By contrast, Morton have 4/6 remaining fixtures at home.

It's a three horse race IMO although I'd still much rather have your points advantage (hence the 50% shot). 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

That one of those two home games is against us, tied with your string of selection issues, leads me to think that you're down to a 50% shot now. By contrast, Morton have 4/6 remaining fixtures at home.

It's a three horse race IMO although I'd still much rather have your points advantage (hence the 50% shot). 

I'd say the probability of Rovers making the playoffs now is considerably less than 50% and Morton less still, especially given our respective goal differences in relation to Inverness and Partick.

Home advantage doesn't seem to be counting for too much this season - look at how many games Killie have lost at home, and even more strikingly, the fact Partick won 6-1 away at Hamilton this season, then got emptied by them at Firhill yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Accies.

Hold on, doesn’t he mean a 3 horse race for 4th?

Edit - there’s no fucking way Hamilton are finishing in the play offs. 

Edited by TheScarf

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hold on, doesn’t he mean a 3 horse race for 4th?

Edit - there’s no fucking way Hamilton are finishing in the play offs. 

Nah he's talking about 5th.

I think 3 or 4 points might be enough to guarantee 5th but looking at our fixtures I'm not entirely convinced where those points will come from. 

Yeah there's no chance we're making the playoffs. Our best hope at a semi "successful" season now is winning the challenge Cup and not dropping below 5th. I'd argue for a club our size that is a semi successful season normally anyway. 

This season has been exhausting, we'll probably finish fifth and might win the Diddy Cup. Before the season kicked off I think we would all have accepted that with the loss of key players in the summer. 

However what came after has been tumultuous to say the least. 

Edited by pub car king

A crude and objective way of looking at it, perhaps, but if we were to offer Mcglynn a new deal today, the club would be proactively extending the contract of a manager who has overseen a run of 1 win in 13 games.

Not saying its right or wrong, but I don't think that's something that will have happened very often.