The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's a shame the football we've been playing this season has been so bad, especially taking into account the fact we were playing some amazing passing football in pre-season and at start of the campaign.

Murray will be here until the end of the season at least, there's no doubt about that but I'm not sure about who'll be in charge next season as he really hasn't made an impact at all. Who then will be in charge next season? I can't think of a proven one who would come here so it'll be more than likely either another young manager getting to grips with the managerial side of the game or an SFL journeyman manager.

Also, which players are still under contract for next season? I'm hoping for a big reshuffle of the squad in the summer. I'd want to keep McGurn, Malone, Thomson, Both Andersons, Hamill if he can keep up this seasons form, Spence and Clarke. Mensing and Graham will be away so they'll definitely need replaced. I'd maybe consider reviewing the youth players on professional contracts as they aren't getting any game time really so is there any point in keeping them? Other than Laidlaw who has proven himself as a worthy backup to McGurn. Other than that, the others have shown themselves to quite simply not be good enough in my opinion.

I'd be happy if we waited until the end of the season and had a review. Bert has been a fantastic servant to the club and comes across as a good guy, but we're getting frimly left behind. The players look half arsed at times and I've lost count of the times we've been outplayed in games. The Flyers are becoming more and more of an attraction to the people of Kirkcaldy, they offer something different and are looking for new ways to pull the crowds in. Rovers continue to look both unattractive and predictable. We're the sporting equivalent of a fat bird standing next to a tidy foreigner in a club.

For me, I think we should look at Gareth Evans. He'd had Livi up to a respectable place in the league. Their fans said he'd had their players trying to go out and win games. Indeed, one of the Livi fans had posted there were allegations he'd been sacked as the players had been moaning about working them too hard. Were we to try to get Evans in and have our squad get telt, I'd be delighted.

As for our squad, Spence is the only one I'd really like for us to sign. He's still only 20 and with a good run under his belt and some improvement on his finishing he'll be a class above most forwards in the league.

Its easy to say we should be better but we are currently doing what Dunfermline should have done, cutting our cloth accordingly and suffering as a result. We have hee-haw of a budget and that is reflected in the mostly poor quality of player we can now attract.

Imo, we are underperforming with what have, and It's Murray that has to carry the can for that.

The list of players I want us to keep has dwindled, but I fear a few of those will go elsewhere. A couple of players who have been here a few years need to be moved on. They've been good servants, but It's time for them to move on to other things.

Out of respect, I won't be naming players to keep/punt or managers I'd like to see until the season is over.

Edited by Michael W

To be fair to Murray, I've heard a few of his pre-match team talks, even though he comes across as this really quiet nice guy, he attempts to fire up the players before the game. They play this really shit rave music and Murray shouts and says "f**k" a lot. It doesn't seem to affect the players though as they really don't seem bothered when it comes to going out and performing. Perhaps he hasn't got the respect of the players, I don't mean that the morale isn't high but maybe they don't treat him as their boss and still as a teammate?

As far as I am concerned we should move to fully part time squad next season, so bye to (at least) Graham, Mensing, Thomson, Walker, Hamill, Clarke, Spence.

Dumbarton have shown they can beat everyone in this league with a part time squad, so good part timers are out there, its just a matter of finding and enticing them to the Rovers.

I would also like to see us (for financial reasons) operating with Fife, Lothians, Tayside & centrally based players.

I see no need to pay travelling expenses for players based 50+ miles from Kirkcaldy.

Based on recent performances, plus upcoming fixtures, I see us finishing in the Play Off spot. :unsure:

I'll be surprised if we break the 40 point mark. :shutup

EDIT: Unless DAFC are docked 25 points, then we might stay up

Edited by bevvypark

Look on the bright side! Only 8 games to go until this turd of a season is over.

Quite frankly, I couldn't give a monkeys which players we keep for next season.

Edited by Scary Bear

look at things this way,

Read the next question before looking at the response for this one.

Question 1:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts..

Here are the facts about the three candidates.

Candidate A:

Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists.

He's had two mistresses.

He also chain smokes

And drinks 8 to 10 Martinis a day.

Candidate B:

He was kicked out of office twice,

Sleeps until noon,

Used opium in college

And drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C:

He is a decorated war hero,

He's a vegetarian,

Doesn't smoke,

Drinks an occasional beer

And never committed adultery.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

Decide first ... No peeking, and then scroll down to the bottomof this post for the answers.

The above question demonstrates that although someone may appear to be something in particular, quite often the truth is quite the reverse. Take this sceanrio into mind with our management team and it seems quite obvious that despite their being good guys and well liked, as football coaches they don't appear to be cutting it!

As for next season I would fear for us going part-time, although I see it as an inevitable step. Theres's a wee point to keep in mind when quoting teams like Dumbarton or more particularly ESPECIALLY Dumbarton. This season we tried to sign a part time winger called McDougall (ex Par no?) but despite our offering the same or better terms being a west coaster he chose to sign for Dumbarton as they were closer to home and he would cut down on travelling. I'm not saying all the part time players are from the west but this isn't the 1st time we've missed out on a player due to geography. My point is going fully part time may not work out well for us. My own preference is for a mixture but that said there has to be a clear-out come May no matter what!

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Candidate B is Winston Churchill.

Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

PS I'm not suggesting for one minute that any of our management team are evil incarnate merely that things are not always as they seem.

Part-time is a stick on if we want to survive. I'd also go down an Athletic Bilbao model of only signing/playing fife based players for two reasons: cut costs & reconnect with the fan base.

No wonder we cant find any decent players in Fife if Atheletico Bilbao are nicking them all. :blink:

Part-time is a stick on if we want to survive. I'd also go down an Athletic Bilbao model of only signing/playing fife based players for two reasons: cut costs & reconnect with the fan base.

This would almost certainly see us relegated, which in a season when Rangers are playing for promotion to the first would be a disaster.

We need to be very careful with our finances, but there's a balance between being careless and locking all our money in a tin and burying it under ten feet of concrete.

The Bilbao policy has probably something to do with Basque 'nationalism'. I suppose we can claim independence for the Kingdom of Fife :rolleyes:

El Presidente Rowley?

I don't fucking think so.

As part of the current regime you can seamlessly move to 1st senior Oberführer........... or Plumb-bob wan as we'll still call you ;)

As part of the current regime you can seamlessly move to 1st senior Oberführer........... or Plumb-bob wan as we'll still call you ;)

King Zen has a nice ring to it. *fucking steady*

I will stand on the c***s throat tomorrow and realise my dream.

BTW, the new school is to be built on the old training ground, however, you never heard it from me.

Our main aim is to stay in the first division! I'd imagine as much full time as possible topped up with part time. The plus thing is we openly welcome part time footballers and always have done especially with regards to training etc. and their are definatly some cracking part time footballers goin about, mainly down to the fact football contracts aren't secure enough. People mentioning the possibility of rangers money the season after next should remind themselves that turnbull Hutton openly chose to fight against their downfall and for that reason rangers fans will as promised do a Dundee united on us and stay away so what cash would we expect? A gate return of the same as accies? Cowdenbeath? Probably.

Our main aim is to stay in the first division! I'd imagine as much full time as possible topped up with part time. The plus thing is we openly welcome part time footballers and always have done especially with regards to training etc. and their are definatly some cracking part time footballers goin about, mainly down to the fact football contracts aren't secure enough. People mentioning the possibility of rangers money the season after next should remind themselves that turnbull Hutton openly chose to fight against their downfall and for that reason rangers fans will as promised do a Dundee united on us and stay away so what cash would we expect? A gate return of the same as accies? Cowdenbeath? Probably.

If Dunfermline's punishment is relegation or a points deduction that takes them down then with them and Sevco (assuming no boycott) in the second, financially we'd probably be better off down there. Still no thanks though.