The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I'm sure I saw plans for that site for housing. Could be wrong.

I recall seing it was lodged years ago but I think the company went out of business. No idea if it's happened again or if that actually happened in all honesty. 

7 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Doesn't stop folk crying about having no money but refuse to turn up.

Iv missed 3 home games this season due to illness of me or my daughter. 

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

So what are your suggestions then? Probably another one I won't turn up but expect money to just appear!

I bought a season ticket to support the club two days before our first league game due to assurances I was given by someone that will remain nameless that dgw wouldn't be paid off from money coming from supporters. Iv also been putting in to the players fund since it was official he was off the books. So hush child. 

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I recall seing it was lodged years ago but I think the company went out of business. No idea if it's happened again or if that actually happened in all honesty. 

I bought a season ticket to support the club two days before our first league game due to assurances I was given by someone that will remain nameless that dgw wouldn't be paid off from money coming from supporters. Iv also been putting in to the players fund since it was official he was off the books. So hush child. 

Are u wanting a hat or a badge? Your quite happy to have a go at other folk but then come out with more excuses than a torie.

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Funnily enough I buy a season ticket to help the club I love not on the basis of some insider bullshit. You really do come across as a special kind of twat!

17 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Funnily enough I buy a season ticket to help the club I love not on the basis of some insider bullshit. You really do come across as a special kind of twat!

You could have just edited your first reply. I wasn't buying one while my money was going towards funding a rapists wage. I guess I am a special kind of twat, that being the case... 

I was merely showing that what you said was nonsense, as usual. 

I'm actually surprised it's taken you this long to pop up again on this thread. If mcglynn was still here you'd normally be here every day telling us how terrible everything is. 

Edited by grumswall
To show frank editing is possible

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

You could have just edited your first reply. I wasn't buying one while my money was going towards funding a rapists wage. I guess I am a special kind of twat, that being the case... 

I'm actually surprised it's taken you this long to pop up again on this thread. If mcglynn was still here you'd normally be here every day telling us how terrible everything is. 

Seriously poor come back 😢 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I was merely showing that what you said was nonsense, as usual. 

I've been off this thread for a while. Simply because of the absolute nonsense as per usual on this thread. 🙄 

Just now, Frank conner said:

I've been off this thread for a while. Simply because of the absolute nonsense as per usual on this thread. 🙄 

I don't tend to post as often these days either, I had noticed a lack of your absolute nonsense though😘

What's your answer to the clubs issues? Or are you only back here to bash people for not putting enough in? 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Building a stadium there just wouldn't work regardless. That area of the town isn't easily accessible via train, bus etc for travelling fans, nor is it particularly attractive for home fans with the surrounding amenities. 

It's all pie in the sky stuff regardless, unless one of the supposed interested parties are ridiculously wealthy and fancy losing millions. 🤞

Which all can be said for most mooted sites, regardless. The reality is SP is a decent location, crippled by tight boundaries and aging infrastructure. If someone wished to, redevelopment at SP likely would be the “best” choice…guess it’s time to start buying lottery tix again!

59 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I can kind of see what Mcdonald is trying to do, probably trying to give some context to the reports from the weekend.

However, I'm not really sure what this has achieved.  According to the article:

- We are looking to move players on

- We are close to breaking even

- There is no threat of redundancies

- Everything is fine if we finish in top 4

- Please donate money to us

Also found it weird how he "believes" Sim was back in the country and at the game.  Is there that much of a disconnect between the Chairman and the Owner that they don't know if the other was at their clubs game at the weekend?

I don't doubt the intentions of those close to the club, at all.  However, every time an article comes up - more questions are asked than answered - which really is not great at all. 

I find this statement a hard one to follow -

"I think we certainly have some good players that teams would come in for in January. I believe that we have some very good assets here.

I'm really not sure who anyone would bother coming in for.  None of our contracted players warrant paying a transfer fee for, and those out of contract surely teams would just wait until Summer?  Mentioning selling "very good assets" is not a way to calm fans, nor is it a way to encourage people to buy half season tickets etc.  Don't get me wrong, there a few players I think in an ideal world we would be wanting to move on - but those players need willing suitors.  

These type of comments with little to no context do no good whatsoever.  

Certainly is weird he was sat in front of Sim in the directors box on Saturday 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I can kind of see what Mcdonald is trying to do, probably trying to give some context to the reports from the weekend.

However, I'm not really sure what this has achieved.  According to the article:

- We are looking to move players on

- We are close to breaking even

- There is no threat of redundancies

- Everything is fine if we finish in top 4

- Please donate money to us

Also found it weird how he "believes" Sim was back in the country and at the game.  Is there that much of a disconnect between the Chairman and the Owner that they don't know if the other was at their clubs game at the weekend?

I don't doubt the intentions of those close to the club, at all.  However, every time an article comes up - more questions are asked than answered - which really is not great at all. 

I find this statement a hard one to follow -

"I think we certainly have some good players that teams would come in for in January. I believe that we have some very good assets here.

I'm really not sure who anyone would bother coming in for.  None of our contracted players warrant paying a transfer fee for, and those out of contract surely teams would just wait until Summer?  Mentioning selling "very good assets" is not a way to calm fans, nor is it a way to encourage people to buy half season tickets etc.  Don't get me wrong, there a few players I think in an ideal world we would be wanting to move on - but those players need willing suitors.  

These type of comments with little to no context do no good whatsoever.  

He's another one that should be kept well away from the press, is what I gathered from his interview. A complete and utter ramble. 

In the end, the whole chatter about stadia and such comes down to what a member of our BoD has said (SP is in danger of failing safety standards if we don’t invest some money) and what our Owner has said (he’s not so interested in continuing to invest in the Club/Facility).

No matter what happens, the Club needs somewhere to play games, so we either fix up the dilapidated white elephant that is SP or we move elsewhere, and judging by what has been said recently, the time for that decision isn’t that far away. As there is no where in the immediate vicinity that would be suitable, a move to a nomadic existence for any period of time would likely cement us into part-time status and down a level or two as the attendance would likely wither.

I guess what that means is that making a silk purse is the best bet right now at SP, but the club needs someone(s) to come in and provide the necessary financial support. I simply also wondered if there is anywhere suitable for purpose to relocate to, and it seems clear there isn’t…

3 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Texas still that boring! Fucking seriously?

No, you’re that annoying!

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

In the end, the whole chatter about stadia and such comes down to what a member of our BoD has said (SP is in danger of failing safety standards if we don’t invest some money) and what our Owner has said (he’s not so interested in continuing to invest in the Club/Facility).

No matter what happens, the Club needs somewhere to play games, so we either fix up the dilapidated white elephant that is SP or we move elsewhere, and judging by what has been said recently, the time for that decision isn’t that far away. As there is no where in the immediate vicinity that would be suitable, a move to a nomadic existence for any period of time would likely cement us into part-time status and down a level or two as the attendance would likely wither.

I guess what that means is that making a silk purse is the best bet right now at SP, but the club needs someone(s) to come in and provide the necessary financial support. I simply also wondered if there is anywhere suitable for purpose to relocate to, and it seems clear there isn’t…

No, you’re that annoying!

Surely the local sheriff's department has to look into your online activity?

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'm sure we employed a P R firm in January. We should have kept them on the books to stop our board members sounding like gibbering arses every time they speak in public.

If that's true, I can't imagine they are still in business.