The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Aye miles away from the town centre, train station or any pubs. 

Considering the railway runs through the centre of Kirkcaldy in mainly built up areas its not likely a stadium would ever be built in the centre of town. Any areas would need to be at the North end of Kdy or out on land near the Kinghorn end that looks down towards Balwearie Golf Course. If and its a big if we ever have money to built a new stadium then surely they would build something decent in the stadium for fans to use. You also have the Spiral Weave, Chapel Home Farm not far away.

Short of a significant lottery winner amongst our support deciding there’s nothing better they’d like to do with £10/15M than build us a stadium it just isn’t going to happen, which is a great shame as Stark’s is a millstone round our neck in many way.

For the level of our support and excluding the Pars, Falkirk, Dundee, and any Old firm we may get at home in the league or cups, do we really need those huge stands, probably not.. and in hindsight it's a pity Reclaim the Rovers wasn't continued over the 17 years or so for just this eventuality, at least we might've been able to buy the Club back if nothing else

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

32 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

For the level of our support and excluding the Pars, Falkirk, Dundee, and any Old firm we may get at home in the league or cups, do we really need those huge stands, probably not.. and in hindsight it's a pity Reclaim the Rovers wasn't continued over the 17 years or so for just this eventuality, at least we might've been able to buy the Club back if nothing else

We definitely don't, but it was the 90s where money seemed limitless and the league imposed daft rules for clubs aspiring to get into the top flight. The first season I started going to games I think we had an average attendance of about 3 or 4 thousand. I don't think anyone really expected for football to become over-saturated to the point you can now watch games pretty much anywhere in the world. 

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

35 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We definitely don't, but it was the 90s where money seemed limitless and the league imposed daft rules for clubs aspiring to get into the top flight. The first season I started going to games I think we had an average attendance of about 3 or 4 thousand. I don't think anyone really expected for football to become over-saturated to the point you can now watch games pretty much anywhere in the world. 

In the end, Raith are a club that could easily do well with a nice, tidy 4,000 capacity field. That would work for all but an occasional Pars or Dundee match of importance, or any OF match.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Short of a significant lottery winner amongst our support deciding there’s nothing better they’d like to do with £10/15M than build us a stadium it just isn’t going to happen, which is a great shame as Stark’s is a millstone round our neck in many way.

Just an FYI, £10-15 million would probably only get a partially completed 5,000 seater.  Boston United built a new stadium for £12 million, got 2,155 seats, 1,124 standing and two areas to be completed….and that was in 2020 pounds.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

A new stadium is never, ever going to happen. Be as well discussing where about on the moon we’d like the stadium to be.

For the benefit of everyone's MH it would have to be the Sea of Tranquillity.

47 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A new stadium is never, ever going to happen. Be as well discussing where about on the moon we’d like the stadium to be.

It beats some of the other crap we’d have to discuss otherwise.

46 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

For the benefit of everyone's MH it would have to be the Sea of Tranquillity.

21 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The Sea of Crises, surely?

Honestly, we’d end up surely in Palus Putredinis*

Spoiler

*For those subhuman illiterates, Marsh of Decay

47 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Article in the FFP with MacDonald and Sim calling for an expanded top league. After the ‘we are skint’ announcement that just looks a bit embarrassing tbh. 

Are Haudit n Daudit for feckin real, I wish they'd shut the feck up, have no had enough of being a laughing stock