The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

My point regarding Mr Sim and his management is relative to when he could influence total control.

It is known that prior to this, the Football Club were not paying 'rent' and were not keeping up with repairs, this has been mostly resolved since he came to control both sides of the business.

The stadium improvements since his control have been welcome and long overdue, the only blip I can see is the Titan issue, I am still unclear as to what went wrong as to what was promised, alas, it appears to be being utilised.

The development to the rear of the North Stand is interesting, despite the desire for it to be doubled in height since planning was approved for the original project, I would personally like to hear why, and how it it will be utilised and bring benefit to the club.

The planning application has been with drawn 

31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we revert back to a grass pitch when the artificial one comes to the end of its life also. 

Doing so would show up more wastes of money - we were supposed to have spent extra on the base so that replacing the pitch was easier and less expensive.

I firstly have to say that having Sim and the word Management in the same sentence a bit farcical. Miss management yes. He has owned the club for what, 10 years. He knew then we were losing 150k per season. Forward on 10 years. We are still losing 150k per year. We have a stadium with zero investment which is it's only fixed asset which can bring in revinue and keep a football licence. As well as the 500k on the two stands remember the pitch is nearing the end of its cycle and requires replacing soon. The money that was supposed to be laid aside to pay for this. It hasn't and is anothercl cost to any potential investor. For being a CEO of a multi national bank for me he is absolutely clueless in his management. Looking at those figures in day one of his term he should have been honest and told us we could be the best part time side in Scotland whilst clearing debt and getting us back on a financial stable path.

4 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Looking at those figures in day one of his term he should have been honest and told us we could be the best part time side in Scotland whilst clearing debt and getting us back on a financial stable path.

Imagine the amount of whinging and moaning from you all if he'd said that. 

If we get a credible buyer, I highly doubt it. We might see the end of the Sim regime. He has totally alienated himself with the majority of the fans. He sanctioned the nameless one, then cried about it to the media. Yea yea yea he came in when we were on our knees. But the abject stupidity that came with it was too much. He gave McGlynn carte Blanche to sign who he wanted. Riding high in the league last season, only to utterly fail to deliver after January. He should’ve been jettisoned after the Goodwillie fiasco. But nah. We limped on regardless. Sim has failure written all over him. He chased away the good people behind the scenes and left us with Yes men and hired a puppet in Murray. Yes I’ve had a drink👍

9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Halfway point in the season, the next game is the start of the 3rd quarter, 20 more points for safety, not sure how many games are left after the clocks change again  

I think, we got 12 points from quarter 1 and then 11 from quarter 2 so we might just scrape enough together with a bit of luck. 

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Halfway point in the season, the next game is the start of the 3rd quarter, 20 more points for safety, not sure how many games are left after the clocks change again  

Historically, we’d be safe at about 36, damn near certain at 41…so we want at least 13 more, and prefer 18. Clocks spring forward March 26th, so there will be at least 6 league matches after that.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Historically, we’d be safe at about 36, damn near certain at 41…so we want at least 13 more, and prefer 18. Clocks spring forward March 26th, so there will be at least 6 league matches after that.

Screenshot_20221219-000002.thumb.jpg.3090649c2bfece6bfd377376d039ee89.jpg

Sell the 'club'.  Have some investor hopefully buy it.  Move the club to rent Warout stadium and let Sim alone with his 'pension'.  Bounce about in the seaside league for a few seasons until we stabilise financially (get rid of the big outgoings), then start to make a comeback.
Starks Park has not felt as 'home' since they built those morgue monstrosities at each end.

59 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Sell the 'club'.  Have some investor hopefully buy it.  Move the club to rent Warout stadium and let Sim alone with his 'pension'.  Bounce about in the seaside league for a few seasons until we stabilise financially (get rid of the big outgoings), then start to make a comeback.
Starks Park has not felt as 'home' since they built those morgue monstrosities at each end.

A move to Warout would kill Raith Rovers, in my opinion, as other than a League One/Two team for decades. A spell in League One, as a part-time or hybrid club looks on the cards in the next few years, anyway, if some Sugar Daddy/Momma doesn’t magically appear. Starks Park is now an albatross tied about our necks by Sim.

In all honesty, tearing down at least the north and south stands is the best possible redevelopment of Starks Park, but it’s not a realistic thing. Putting new lights on the stands sorta committed us to doing the deferred work on those stands, or it’s all wasted spending. Sadly, the only real redevelopment that would work at SP is probably razing it…and that begs the question of why rebuild in a location that constrained, despite the locational appeal, when building from the ground elsewhere would likely be cheaper and better.

On the elsewhere, where? On the A-92…can’t walk to get to it is the complaint…but where could you walk to? Maybe just south of the Victoria…All residential, poor access, who owns what? Could something be done within Beveridge Park?