The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Hugely prominent subtext of "f**k this, I'm away as soon as possible" in that statement.

Probably inevitable since the DGW shit hit the fan. f**k knows where we go from here. Not sure there are many lining up to keep us going.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Hugely prominent subtext of "f**k this, I'm away as soon as possible" in that statement.

I think it’s been on the cards since the Goodwillie signing. Didn’t like the reaction and decided he’s had enough. Now we have to hope there’s somebody else rich enough and daft enough to plug our sizeable financial black hole. Going to take more than an Andy Mill style JustGiving drive…

Edited by Enigma

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

If you want a damning indictment of John Sim's governance of Raith Rovers, that article gives you it. 

Maybe he saved the club once upon a time, but he's run it into the ground. 

He’s run it into the ground, sure, the whole club needs a complete overhaul, but he’s also been the sod footing the bill… interesting times ahead.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

He’s run it into the ground, sure, the whole club needs a complete overhaul, but he’s also been the sod footing the bill… interesting times ahead.

Paying for his own hubris. 

Still, at least his asset (the stadium) is healthy. Shame about the football club dragging it down. 

Full time football is pretty unsustainable on an average 1600 crowd i'd say. Can't see too many clubs in a decent financial position in these circumstances. Don't see many bidders with any significant investment, unless the Wrexham lot fancy a subsidiary club, maybe? 🤣

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Paying for his own hubris. 

Still, at least his asset (the stadium) is healthy. Shame about the football club dragging it down. 

Couldn't view article due to paywall but last I saw it was reckoned North and South stands needed around £500k of work?

What are our options here?

Dodgy foreign investors: spend big have a temporary euphoric wave of success, go bust and end up in the EoSL

Fan ownership: Starts with pious ambition, ends with ever reducing budgets, venomous factional infighting and go to the EoSL the long way round.

Some local group of investors take leave of their senses, plug some gaps for a few years while we grind away in the Championship/League 1 - come back to this same conversation 5 years down the line.

Just now, pub car king said:

I'm not paying for the courier, what's the bones if this? Is there anything substantial or is it a "I would sell if the right offer came along" type thing.

It's exactly that. Nothing we didn't know. A lot of people obviously can't view the article but have decided the baw's burst on 1 headline.

The guy's an old man, this was always on the cards

Well, it's clear we're going to end up going bust at some point anyway and it seems Sim can't be arsed any more. 

Sell it to some cryptobro. Win the Scottish Cup using piles of dubious money, get a couple of European games in again and go bust when the owner pulls a John McAfee and goes on the run with the FBI poking its nose around Stark's whilst its Officers tuck into their third red pudding supper of the day. 

Edited by Michael W

6 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I think we all knew this day would come, as for the future probably fan ownership and part time football 

Only if we get out of Starks. Can't imagine fan ownership could bring in enough money to deal with even a competitive part time team and our decrepit stadium.

Not convinced by fan ownership. Morton doing well in the short term but possibly benefiting from a very good manager pulling his team up. Stirling went full fan ownership and sunk down to L2. Hearts looks like fan ownership in name only, backed by Budge and now Anderson.

Edited by renton

8 minutes ago, renton said:

Only if we get out of Starks. Can't imagine fan ownership could bring in enough money to deal with even a competitive part time team and our decrepit stadium.

Not convinced by fan ownership. Morton doing well in the short term but possibly benefiting from a very good manager pulling his team up. Stirling went full fan ownership and sunk down to L2. Hearts looks like fan ownership in name only, backed by Budge and now Anderson.

Not saying I want it but realistically can’t see us being an attractive proposition to investors or sim is sowing the seeds for further budget cuts/ambition of fans getting a reality check and then we may go part time in next 2 years