The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

Never in the history of P and B has a username been more appropriate.

Sorry, what has he got? Pace? No. Crossing ability? No. Can he pass it? Not really. He controlled the ball out of the park today. Not been impressed any time I've seen him. Piss poor challenge at the end too, probably could have been a red. 

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Sorry, what has he got? Pace? No. Crossing ability? No. Can he pass it? Not really. He controlled the ball out of the park today. Not been impressed any time I've seen him. Piss poor challenge at the end too, probably could have been a red. 

With such poor judgement, you must be the scout who recommended Rovers sign big John.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We are unstoppable in this cup. Diddy Cup Galacticos.

Whereas we wisely opted out of the tournament at the exact point when Linfield and Elgin away were replaced with Kelty and Cumbernauld. 

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

What a shite game however on the plus side Millen doing a panenka fair cheered me up. 

Millen is oddly exceptional at a panenka. Scored about 3 or 4 of them whilst at QP. He’s a great penalty taker despite his faults 

Watched the match, not unhappy despite the mess that was our overall play. Advancing is worth some cash, so there is that.

McNeil looks pretty darn good. Very nice reactions, good positioning, looked a wee bit nervous early on playing out from the back but settled in. I’d say that if we re-sign MacDonald, it won’t be for more than a year with Thomson and McNeil behind him…but I suspect IM will let MacDonald walk. Is it a good decision, hard to say…Jamie is still an excellent keeper, but I have a feeling he’s not the keeper he was the last couple of years. I’d take him back on a one year deal, more if Thomson leaves.

Vaughan was a virtual non-entity until his goal, but that’s what he’s there for.

Connell was subbed on very late, specifically to take a PK, and did it well. IM likes him, we’ll be signing him in January…not entirely sold as the best choice, but he’s a useful pest.

Gullan was virtually silent all match, but took an excellent PK.

Millen’s PK was a beauty, and his early in the season “weaknesses” have disappeared. He’s a quality RB.

Dick limping off is a concern, but we have Ngwenya and Lang back to cover.

McBride and Little John don’t see any time, telling…Easton sits, interesting…Coulson warmed up, but never got on.

Next round, Clyde, Accies or Kelty for best chance to advance…Pars for cash with a chance to advance, Dundee for cash, Falkirk for best P&B posting meltdowns.

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Wait what the... I'll need to watch the highlights for that alone. It went in? 

A real beauty, too!

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Next round, Clyde, Accies or Kelty for best chance to advance…Pars for cash with a chance to advance, Dundee for cash, Falkirk for best P&B posting meltdowns

We'll end up getting Queen's Park.

I can guarantee we won't get Falkirk.

54 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Millen has been absolutely fine this season.  

It wasn't a good game, and it literally told us nothing new.  Lewis Vaughan is easily our best striker,and he's probably not even a striker.

Bring on January, I guess.

Yeah Millen has turned into a solid right back as the season has progressed. Again he put a couple of decent crosses in but as usual we had nobody in the right place to benefit.