The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Ironically, thats probably the one away game where we'll be wearing blue.

Wearing blue hmmm. I’m not sure if it’s a good omen or bad omen. I haven’t seen us lose an away league game since 30th September 2017 when we lost 2-1 at Albion Rovers. Admittedly I only attend a couple of away games a season and there’s been Covid, but still. But we lost last time I went to Lanarkshire. This Accies trip will be an experiment. So many variables. I’ll wear my lucky 🍀 Rovers top to try and sway it.

Dunfermline 1 v 1 Rovers - October 2021

Cowdenbeath 0 v 1 Rovers - July 2021

Livingston 3 v 1 Rovers - January 2020

East Fife 1 v 2 Rovers - March 2019

Forfar 1 v 1 Rovers - May 2018

Alloa 0 v 0 Rovers - January 2018

Albion Rovers 2 v 1 Rovers - September 2017

East Fife 0 v 5 Rovers - August 2017

Hearts 4 v 2 Rovers - January 2017

Dunfermline 0 v 0 Rovers - November 2016

Falkirk 2 v 4 Rovers - October 2016

Dundee United 2 v 2 Rovers - August 2016

That’s the away games I’ve been to, going back as far as the Gary F Locke season. I am definitely not a jinx. The season I decide that travelling away on a regular basis is a good idea, we’ll be back in the Prem. 

W4 D5 L3

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Anyone know if  QP will be at Hampden, Lesser Hampden or elsewhere? 

QP has been monumentally inept on passing this kind of information this year. Best guess is, with this match scheduled for the 10th, and Stennie at home on the 7th and Sygenta at home on the 14th, Ochilview is available. The moving of the Dundee fixture plays slightly better for us with this.

10 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Does this mean the cup quarter final will be the following midweek? They're surely not going to move the league game to the Friday night, then move it again for the diddy cup. 

I see it tentatively scheduled for the 10th (Tuesday), your mileage may vary.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think our streak in the challenge cup is nearing the end.

That's no bad thing.  Crap waste of time tournament.  Would rather the team concentrated on the league, instead of the injury risks that go with playing seaside league or worse cloggers.  Also knowing our luck we would next get some Welsh or Irish team away, costing the club a fortune, or an outstanding fixture like Ross County colts away.
Wish they would just do away with this tourney or allow clubs to withdraw.  Or at the very least NOT fine clubs for playing understrenghth teams in it (we got fined 10 grand a few year back for doing so).  That way at least it can be used to get match sharpness for the fringies.
And no, I am not a hypocrite.  I was not at the final v QOS.  I did eventually muster up enough interest to watch the final on the telly but I think it was because the dishes and hoovering were done....... ;)

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

They're surely not going to move the league game to the Friday night, then move it again for the diddy cup. 

You really don't have any clue as to how SPFL committees work, do you?

Edited by Specky Ginger

The Challenge Cup is pretty dull until you reach the latter stages, but after that it can be hugely enjoyable. Not sure why anyone would choose to boycott it at that stage. Imagine missing our win over Rangers, Partick away in the semi-finals just before covid or last years win over Queens in the final. All great days/nights to be a Rover. Joy can often be few and far between as a Rovers fan. Just embrace it. 

Edited by roverthemoon

14 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

That's no bad thing.  Crap waste of time tournament.  Would rather the team concentrated on the league, instead of the injury risks that go with playing seaside league or worse cloggers.  Also knowing our luck we would next get some Welsh or Irish team away, costing the club a fortune, or an outstanding fixture like Ross County colts away.
Wish they would just do away with this tourney or allow clubs to withdraw.  Or at the very least NOT fine clubs for playing understrenghth teams in it (we got fined 10 grand a few year back for doing so).  That way at least it can be used to get match sharpness for the fringies.
And no, I am not a hypocrite.  I was not at the final v QOS.  I did eventually muster up enough interest to watch the final on the telly but I think it was because the dishes and hoovering were done....... ;)

The Welsh and Irish teams are all out, and no-one has been fined for fielding an under strength in this tournament for about 30 years. Morton made seven changes at the weekend. 

9 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

The Challenge Cup is pretty dull until you reach the latter stages, but after that it can be hugely enjoyable. Not sure why anyone would choose to boycott it at that stage. Imagine missing our win over Rangers, Partick away in the semi-finals just before covid or last years win over Queens in the final. All great days/nights to be a Rover. Joy can often be few and far between as a Rovers fan. Just embrace it. 

I'm with this.

Queens Park away is a tough game and going on recent form we will start very much as the underdogs. However, if we manage to get through then a semi final at Dens or East End has the potential to be a tremendous away day.

Edited by Double Jack D