The New Raith Rovers Thread

35 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

There is a player in Barjonas - just appeared like didn’t want to be at the Rovers - similar to Barry McKay

Boys rank rotten League 1 is probably his level, and why are we looking at another No10 when we’ve already got 3 

I'm willing to accept that Barjonas has improved significantly since we last saw him. Let's be honest, he'd be far from the only loan player who came out of Rangers at that time with an absolutely rotten attitude/approach but turned it round later on. 

That said, we've struggled at times to get all of your number 10-ish players onto the park at once this season. It's pretty much the only position on the park where we've been over-subscribed. If Barjonas is coming in, I'm interested to see who's going out, and how avoidable or otherwise that might be. 

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

Notice we are now being linked with Barjonas and Agyeman but face competition from Linfield, Pars and Falkirk for Agyeman 

Where did you notice this? 

I've seen Kelty a handful of times and Barjonas would fit the squad player profile. Mile's ahead of McGill, McBride but not going to set the heather on fire.

The young strikers got work to do but huge potential. Again would be a significant upgrade on what we've had on loan.

Barjonas was honking before, but Connolly wasn't half the player he is now when he was here before.

Nisbet couldn't hit a coo on the erse with a banjo before he arrived. Now a Scotland International.

Players and teams and systems and managers are a tangled web. I bet Barjonas has improved, but I hope Ian Murray gets to decide whether he's right for us or not.

13 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

I've seen Kelty a handful of times and Barjonas would fit the squad player profile. Mile's ahead of McGill, McBride but not going to set the heather on fire.

The young strikers got work to do but huge potential. Again would be a significant upgrade on what we've had on loan.

The Courier. 

18 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

McGill is one player I hope Murray retains.

46 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

24 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

McGill is one player I hope Murray retains.

Hell f **king yes, let’s sign McGill. The lad has some skills and is able to play any midfield position plus LB/RB…hell, maybe even CB if we need it. Young player, coming out of contract, not getting a ton of playing time and manager says, would you be willing to try RB? He said hell yes, and managed to look competent doing it. That’s the kind of player you want.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Hell f **king yes, let’s sign McGill. The lad has some skills and is able to play any midfield position plus LB/RB…hell, maybe even CB if we need it. Young player, coming out of contract, not getting a ton of playing time and manager says, would you be willing to try RB? He said hell yes, and managed to look competent doing it. That’s the kind of player you want.

While I love the enthusiasm i'd say McGill has looked good in spells, but at no point have I thought he's a stick on in any position ahead of what we have. He is young and has opportunity to develop. 

Regarding Barjonas, I can't think of the last young Rangers player that went out on loan to a Scottish club and you think "He's a really good player that will make a great player in the future". Barjonas, Mayo, Williamson, Kennedy, McPake have all looked shockingly average every time i've seen them. Maybe Hardie was the last one we saw that looked decent. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

While I love the enthusiasm i'd say McGill has looked good in spells, but at no point have I thought he's a stick on in any position ahead of what we have. He is young and has opportunity to develop. 

Agree he’s not a stick on starter, but…he has massive utility as a willing, hunger young player able to play reasonably in any of about 7 outfield positions in our favorite formation. Players like that are huge for a limited resources team like the Rovers.