The New Raith Rovers Thread

Best guess for outfield players available:

Defenders: Dick, Millen, Ngwenya and Young, with Masson possible.

Midfield/Wing: Brown and McGill, with Ross probable.

Forwards: Akio, Connolly, McBride

Unknown: Easton, Spencer, Stanton…but all three have had back issues this year.

So, MacDonald…Thomson…McNeil…MacDonald at DM with Brown, Thomson in goal and McNeil at RW?

21 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Is that Vaughan's first sending off?

Seems to be.

2 hours ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Defensively, good as you’re gonna get. It’s how pathetic he is going forward. Can’t pass more than ten yards, can’t cross.

Millen was murder at the beginning of the season but has actually turned into one of our most consistent players this season. 

More than happy to have him. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Learnt about getting a wee break from Davo?

First thing I thought. 

Season is done. Break time. 

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

It's no McDonald, it's the shite in front of him 

Can’t think of many games I’ve come away thinking he’s dug us out of a hole or anything this season. Distribution is shocking at times as well. Poor on the ball, not a “modern” ‘keeper.

I don’t have much against him, in that I appreciate he’s not a keeper who chucks one in his own net every 3/4 games, which we’ve seen before, but I don’t really get the hype he gets from some fans.

Edited by Enigma

49 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Best guess for outfield players available:

Defenders: Dick, Millen, Ngwenya and Young, with Masson possible.

Midfield/Wing: Brown and McGill, with Ross probable.

Forwards: Akio, Connolly, McBride

Unknown: Easton, Spencer, Stanton…but all three have had back issues this year.

So, MacDonald…Thomson…McNeil…MacDonald at DM with Brown, Thomson in goal and McNeil at RW?

Seems to be.

Could be wrong, but I doubt we'll see Spencer in a Rovers shirt again.  Hit the number of games to activate the clause for a new contract hasn't taken it up and then just happens to have been injured since we lost to Hamilton and ended up with nothing to play for.  Feels like a guy who has a contract elsewhere and doesn't want to risk getting injured (further) when there's nothing to play for.

Edited by SanStarko

1 minute ago, SanStarko said:

Could be wrong, but I doubt we'll see Spencer in a Rovers shirt again.  Hit the number of games to activate the clause for a new contract hasn't taken it up and then just happens to have been injured since we lost to Hamilton and ended up with nothing to play for.

On this seasons showing, he's no great loss

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Can’t think of many games I’ve come away thinking he’s dug us out of a hole or anything this season. Distribution is shocking at times as well. Poor on the ball, not a “modern” ‘keeper.

I don’t have much against him, in that I appreciate he’s not a keeper who chucks one in his own net every 3/4 games, which we’ve seen before, but I don’t really get the hype he gets from some fans.

I agree, but classing him amongst players that need to "get so far to f**k" is harsh.

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I agree, but classing him amongst players that need to "get so far to f**k" is harsh.

Yeah, you’re right there. Doesn’t need to get “so far to f**k” but any means but if he didn’t sign on again I wouldn’t be too fussed.

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yeah, you’re right there. Doesn’t need to get “so far to f**k” but any means but if he didn’t sign on again I wouldn’t be too fussed.

Hes one of the better keepers in the Championship and I doubt theres many "modern" keepers in it either , and if hes let go or doesn't sign who do we get to replace him, unless McNeil can make the breakthrough and we get another promising youngster in

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What’s going on? Clocks go forward Rovers turn to shite is a new one.

Is something we all endure most seasons to be honest, just seems to happen when least expected.