The New Raith Rovers Thread

23 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Yes just because there's no news doesn't mean it's not happening. By this time next week we should know a fair bit more.

I noticed Murray was quoted by the Courier website as saying he was hoping for some good news behind the scenes in terms of playing budget in the next 7 to 10 days. 

Craig Cairns in yesterday's Courier saying that Adam Masson will likely start in this afternoon's game.

On re-signings:

It’s coming to decision time for many players at Stark’s Park and Murray said that there had been some “positive” discussions.

"The contract situation of those not signed beyond the summer should become clearer in the near future.

“We’ve had some good dialogue with some,” he said.

“We will need answers from these players in the next week to 10 days.

“We’ll get this weekend out the way, look forward to Friday but then after that it’s either re-sign or get an answer and move on.”

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I noticed Murray was quoted by the Courier website as saying he was hoping for some good news behind the scenes in terms of playing budget in the next 7 to 10 days. 

It was actually the FFP it was in

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-boss-ian-murray-keen-to-progress-quickly-in-shaping-up-his-playing-squad-for-next-season-4122110

Someone I know said he spoke to Nolan and said he wouldn’t be here next season.

Really hope the Kelty takeover happens, any regression on this years squad wouldn’t have me excited for next season. 

Defo a transition season with comedy John, Isma, Akio etc. A nice balanced squad with youth and experience needed. Oh and a 15 goal striker please - not much to ask surely !

15 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Defo a transition season with comedy John, Isma, Akio etc. A nice balanced squad with youth and experience needed. Oh and a 15 goal striker please - not much to ask surely !

The reality is if we’d had a 15 goal striker, plus another experienced centre half, we probably would have finished inside the top four such are the fine margins in a very close league.

Edited by Kdawg

3 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Someone I know said he spoke to Nolan and said he wouldn’t be here next season.

Really hope the Kelty takeover happens, any regression on this years squad wouldn’t have me excited for next season. 

Nolan has definitely shown enough to get some offers from somewhere, perhaps from England? With his background, I could certainly see a National League or League Two team willing to give it a go.

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Expect to hear something before the last game of the season.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That’s is NOT a positive interview from the standpoint of keeping players.

Maybe he is aiming to get better players in. We've under performed for 2 seasons, some of our players just ain't good enough. 

In terms of Nolan he's not good enough to go down south and play league 2 football. He's not got the strength, aggression and can panic. If we resign Lang, release Nolan and find 2 CHs with experience, build etc then I would be happy. Masson if he stays can be 4th choice. Find a better left back and resign Tumilty who was the best player on the park in the cup final. 

Much as I'd love us to re-sign Tumilty, RB isn't a problem area and it would be a poor use of funds. I'd would have Tumilty over Millen any day, but in this case we need to accept what we have since Millen's under contract. 

Edited by Michael W

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Much as I'd love us to re-sign Tumilty, RB isn't a problem area and it would be a poor use of funds. I'd would have Tumilty over Millen any day, but in thus case we need to accept what we have since Millen's under contract. 

Agree on not resigning, disagree on taking Tumilty over Millen because of Tumilty’s horrendous defending. The two are vastly different players, and if we want a better defence next year, Millen is the better choice.

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nolan has definitely shown enough to get some offers from somewhere, perhaps from England? With his background, I could certainly see a National League or League Two team willing to give it a go.

He really hasn't.

I like Murray’s attitude he has to look after Raith rovers and not find him in the same position as last  season desperately trying to fill shirts and take a punt on players , Basically thats our offer guys of a new contract take it or leave or move on . 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nolan go back to somewhere like Northampton, where we got him from. He'll still be pointing to his youth career and angling for a chance based on that, but with a season of actual football under his belt now. 

I can't imagine his first choice is staying in Kirkcaldy, certainly, but I wonder if it wouldn't be the best thing for him. The last thing he needs is to go into a big, competitive squad where he'll have to fight for a place. He needs football more than anything else. 

29 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Agree on not resigning, disagree on taking Tumilty over Millen because of Tumilty’s horrendous defending. The two are vastly different players, and if we want a better defence next year, Millen is the better choice.

Millen is never the better choice, Tumiltys all round game is a better fit, especially with Connolly in front of him.