The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Well that is a crying shame.

Honestly incredible that someone went from being at a stable Championship club, looked at the hobofire of a football club that is Falkirk and thought "aye, I want some of that". I thought he'd get them up in first place when he joined, but since they lost the game at East End it's been clear that he's absolutely rattled. 

Amazing that after the Anelka shambles with guys who had never played 11 aside before, seeing us relegated with just 3 wins. Gordon Dalziel taking over, having to go with youth initially and then building an arguably worse squad with shite like Sean Kilgannon, Alistair Brown and Emilio Jaconelli, club in disarray on and off the pitch, our lowest ebb in a generation…

We still managed to get out of League One in less time than Falkirk will. 

Edited by R.R.FC

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Amazing that after the Anelka shambles with guys who had never played 11 aside before, seeing us relegated with just 3 wins. Gordon Dalziel taking over, having to go with youth initially and then building an arguably worse squad with shite like Sean Kilgannon, Alistair Brown and Emilio Jaconelli, club in disarray on and off the pitch, our lowest ebb in a generation…

We still managed to get out of League One in less time than Falkirk will. 

Mentioned this recently. I'm not sure if it's some warped form of bias but that period we spent in the old second division felt like an eternity. Even the start of the season when McGlynn first joined saw so many different faces it felt like it had enough for two separate campaigns. 

35 minutes ago, renton said:

The only issue with Aidrie coming up is that Murray's shopping list would be utterly fucked.

I would imagine with Barrowman and Potter coming in, the shopping list will have more than just Murray’s input on it, although he will have the final say. That could just mean Kelty players as well as Airdrie right enough! But I think we have a few irons in the fire for better quality.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Mentioned this recently. I'm not sure if it's some warped form of bias but that period we spent in the old second division felt like an eternity. Even the start of the season when McGlynn first joined saw so many different faces it felt like it had enough for two separate campaigns. 

Yeah, I had to double check, definitely felt like we were down there a lot longer than 4 years. Doesn’t seem right that we had only been down for just over a season when Dalziel was emptied and McGlynn came in.

Just now, R.R.FC said:

I would imagine with Barrowman and Potter coming in, the shopping list will have more than just Murray’s input on it, although he will have the final say. That could just mean Kelty players as well as Airdrie right enough! But I think we have a few irons in the fire for better quality.

You'd like to think so. Surely Murray would never have had more than a couple of Airdrie players on his wish list anyway. Smith seems the most likely one and he might still come anyway if we can offer better terms considering he lives in Fife. Who else would we be after? The only obvious one is Gallagher, who is 29, part time and with a good job outside of football. We'd probably need to offer silly money to tempt him. 

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Yeah, I had to double check, definitely felt like we were down there a lot longer than 4 years. Doesn’t seem right that we had only been down for just over a season when Dalziel was emptied and McGlynn came in.

If we hadn't beaten Ayr to the league that final season down there I'm fairly certain McGlynn would've been sacked. 

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You'd like to think so. Surely Murray would never have had more than a couple of Airdrie players on his wish list anyway. Smith seems the most likely one and he might still come anyway if we can offer better terms considering he lives in Fife. Who else would we be after? The only obvious one is Gallagher, who is 29, part time and with a good job outside of football. We'd probably need to offer silly money to tempt him. 

Frizzell, McGill and deveney all seem to do well for them but I’m not seen a lot of airdrie tbh 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we hadn't beaten Ayr to the league that final season down there I'm fairly certain McGlynn would've been sacked. 

The nadir was his first full season. He just seemed to get all his signings so wrong. Craig fucking Winter. Ryan Borris. Keiron Renton. Andy Tod not being a le to run more than a couple of feet in any direction.