The New Raith Rovers Thread

Guess our offer has been booted out then, ach well just need to wait and see if anyone becomes avialable before the window closes

I think the window is open until end of August and most players signed up by First Division clubs are free agents to which the window does not apply.

Meh you know what is like always rumours flying about this time of year, considering some of the players we have managed to bring in I wouldnt have been suprised if McCracken was on teh radar. If we dont get a defender in before the season starts it might just be a couple of loanees until jan

Was there any confirmation that we were even in for McCracken? seems like it was just a player we (the fans) all thought would be worth looking at.

Nothing official but I have a pretty good source (they've been bang on about everythign so far this summer) who reckoned we'd offered him terms.

We are hardly in urgent need, Murray has already said that he wont bring in players for the sake of it. Tells its own story that Donaldson has been played at centre half the last couple of games so that if we dont get a player in then he can cover in short term until a player we want becomes avialable

We are hardly in urgent need, Murray has already said that he wont bring in players for the sake of it. Tells its own story that Donaldson has been played at centre half the last couple of games so that if we dont get a player in then he can cover in short term until a player we want becomes avialable

tbh donaldson and hill have looked ok together and look a better partnership than Ellis and hill

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

tbh donaldson and hill have looked ok together and look a better partnership than Ellis and hill

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I suspect Ellis and Hill will be 1st choice at the moment with Donaldson as backup for anyone along the back 4 and Murray as emergency backup

Rovers have been the better side despite the score. Goals were a terribly defended corner which just broke to McHattie, and Laidlaw let a King shot through him despite the fact it was right at him.

Cardle, Moon and in spells Elliot playing well. Unconvinced by Watson but it's been all of 45 minutes so we're not nearly at a stage where we can judge him. Think we're going to need a big season from Hill however.

I think Watson has looked pretty good. Made a couple of decent tackles and hasn't panicked with the ball at his feet.

Failure to clear a corner (I think both centre halfs went for the same ball and ended up only half clearing it - communication issues you might expect when one of them is still listed as a trialist!) and a goalkeeping error for the goals.

The Rovers have actually had a couple more efforts at the Hearts goal, if not anywhere near as clean cut. More of the game being played in their half, too.

Nothing to be depressed about, but clear areas for improvement.