The New Raith Rovers Thread

Might be the only one here but does anyone prefer Smith to Elliot. I know its early doors and that but I've not been overly impressed with Elliot so far. Looked very frustrated tonight as well.

Every one take a deep breath and take the toaster out the bath. Defensively we were all over the place at times but 4 of the goals were individual f**k ups. We had plenty of shots and creative play, how many blocks and challenges were needed to stop us scoring

Im more concerned how quick folk are to forget the good work we have shown so far because of a result in a FRIENDLY... Honestly some of the stuff I heard in the stand was just cringeworthy. There was a few bad performances tonight but also some good ones

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Thought we were actually somewhere between good and very good in the first half, just couldn't quite get the ball in the net at one end despite a good few chances, while Hearts scored via a break of the ball from a poorly defended corner and a keeper howler.

Second half was utterly abysmal though. Watson had a complete howler for the third, Laidlaw parried a powerful but unthreatening shot straight back out for the fourth and a very good cross and header in the dying seconds made it five. Only players to get pass marks from the team that finished the second half for me were the subs (Callachan, Ellis, Smith, Trialist) and Liam Fox.

Cardle played as well as I've seen him for us, and Fox and particularly Moon continue to show promise too. Watson didn;t show anything to suggest he'll be up to much, but it is of course very early days, I assume he's barely met the squad, has no game time, etc. We looked more solid when Laurie came on though.

The ref was also completely shit, which is quite an achievement for a friendly.Nothing to seriously worry about, only pre-season etc, but we need to up our game. Hopefully the two cup ties against Third Division opposition gives us the chance to do that.

Edited by Paco

Im more concerned how quick folk are to forget the good work we have shown so far because of a result in a FRIENDLY... Honestly some of the stuff I heard in the stand was just cringeworthy. There was a few bad performances tonight but also some good ones

Why would that concern you?

Agree with what has been said.

First half we looked decent after the first 10 minutes till the end of the half. Both goals were preventable though. We created a couple of chances as well which was pleasing.

Second half was stinking though and we never looked in it really. Smith had a few attempts and Moon went close but overall we were poor.

Only a friendly though and hopefully we can regroup for Saturday and then we are onto the real stuff!

Honestly? Folk have been singing the teams praises but are so quick to shout them down its unreal. If the whole team plays as bad as the defence tinight once the season starts then I maybe concerned.

Watson only signed today and was put in from the start, he and Hill just met. We could play our first 2 cup games and scud both of them 5-0 but will folk still be upset we lost to Hearts with 4 goals due to individual errors?

Honestly? Folk have been singing the teams praises but are so quick to shout them down its unreal. If the whole team plays as bad as the defence tinight once the season starts then I maybe concerned.

Watson only signed today and was put in from the start, he and Hill just met. We could play our first 2 cup games and scud both of them 5-0 but will folk still be upset we lost to Hearts with 4 goals due to individual errors?

So you're concerned about people being concerned?

Every one take a deep breath and take the toaster out the bath. Defensively we were all over the place at times but 4 of the goals were individual f**k ups. We had plenty of shots and creative play, how many blocks and challenges were needed to stop us scoring

My personal favourite from the stand was when Elliot went down easily and didn't win a free kick. Some idiot up the back yelled out "Stay on yir fucking feet Spence" for everyone to look at him in confusion and humour.

Hill and Watson have actually been good mates for a number of years but I agree with the gist of your point. I'm not sure he's even had a training session with us