The New Raith Rovers Thread

Those were the days when we all changed ends. I remember going to a match with my mates mum n dad and they used to stand in the cow shed at the halfway line and at ht they took a step to the right or left depending on which direction we were playing lol

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Aye the smokies still do it but ran into big trouble a couple of seasons ago with the Cowden boys who refused to move.

A game we should've won, and would've won comfortably had it not been for the pile of substitutions towards the end which killed our rhythm and let Caley back into the game. Even then, we should've had a penalty a few minutes before they equalised.

I can only assume that we're a week or two ahead of ICT in our preparations, because they looked off the pace. At times, particularly in the second half, some of the Rovers' passing and movement was excellent. If they can keep that up across the next two games then there will be plenty chances for the strikers to put away.

Obviously there were still weaknesses, but the understanding between defenders and goalkeeper will only increase from this point on. The lad that came on at left wing got a lot of change out of Thomson, but that was down to tiredness, and lack of support from Anderson (due to tiredness).

I was really impressed today. If Moon can keep fit he'll be a standout for us this season. Joe Cardle looks really up for it too, showed more than once today that he's one of the most exciting players in the division.

I thought Hill had a good game today(especially after some of his daft :wacko: antics last season) as did Cardle, particularly in the second half.

If that had been a competetive game I doubt there would have been many subs, what went on the pitch will,I think, be our accepted starting eleven. Much as I admire Laurie Ellis as a servant to us over many years I felt we lost the edge in defence when he c

I think all of the team earned pass marks today considering the heat they were playing in.

Is it me or does anyone else think Elliot's a wee bit overweight ?

I thought Hill had a good game today(especially after some of his daft :wacko: antics last season) as did Cardle, particularly in the second half.

If that had been a competetive game I doubt there would have been many subs, what went on the pitch will,I think, be our accepted starting eleven. Much as I admire Laurie Ellis as a servant to us over many years I felt we lost the edge in defence when he c

I think all of the team earned pass marks today considering the heat they were playing in.

Is it me or does anyone else think Elliot's a wee bit overweight ?

Elliot looks like he has a bit of a heavy base when he's playing, but when you see him up close after he's been subbed, I'm not sure there's an ounce on him.

The get out clause is 'big built'.

I was speaking about this the other day, it would play havoc with your Brutus brushed denims as you walked through the railway shed.

The stoor would be worse in weather that we are experiencing just now.

From the enclosure, you would watch the opposing fans converge and assume by the amount of dust that rose from the fans kicking up the cinder dust that there was a mighty battle going on, alas they just passed each other by and suffered latter day emphysema.

Not to mention the overpowering smell and paddle in the old stand pish house....ah the old Starks Park....rancid pish and winter green i remember it well....then the walk up to the ice cream van and the smell of boiling oinions and burgers....yes boiled yung uns, boiled burgers......Burgers oot a tin mmmmmmm...

P.S. Going to Greenock brings those memories flooding back.

Edited by RRFC2711

Missed the Hibs match but managed to get along to the rest of our friendlies and it's hard not to be cautiously optimistic about this season.

Booth looks a major improvement on Malone, Fox and Moon the same over Walker and Hamill/Anderson and Cardle has been excellent so far.

Hopefully Watson settles in at centre back which would leave the void left by Brian Graham as the only question mark over the team.

Cue a home defeat by Stirling next week.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Probably a second division player, so may do quite well for you guys.

He isn't much of a goalscorer at this level, but that may change when he's down a level. I wasn't a fan of him - too often he'd contribute naff all.

Will Pat Clarke score goals in the second division or is that not really part of his game?

His best spell was with C'beath in '06 with 10 goals from 44 appearances,2012-13 with us he scored 11 goals from 50 appearances.

You can read into that what you like, different leagus etc but he should, however, at least get double figures in the Second Div,

We all hoped he'd deliver the goods for us,hopefully he will do the biz for you guys!!

(Cue PC being Top Scorer in the Second Division!!)

His best spell was with C'beath in '06 with 10 goals from 44 appearances,2012-13 with us he scored 11 goals from 50 appearances.

You can read into that what you like, different leagus etc but he should, however, at least get double figures in the Second Div,

We all hoped he'd deliver the goods for us,hopefully he will do the biz for you guys!!

(Cue PC being Top Scorer in the Second Division!!)

Il do my best no promises tho!

Will Pat Clarke score goals in the second division or is that not really part of his game?

Is actually a very cultured finisher fo the ball probalby the most natural in our squad when we had him, but generally last season was used to link midfield to to attack and this often had him, back to goal and doing a lot of spade work for others. Don't think ye olde poacher's game really suits him now, but he'll certainly add something to your attack.

With the exception of Brian Graham, every one of our released players at the end of last season seems to have ended up at a lower league club.

Walker and Anderson - Brechin

Malone - Stenhousemuir

Clarke - East Fife

Hamill - Stirling (don't know if he has signed yet)

And you could probably include Wilson - Montrose.

Just thought it was pretty interesting that not one of our released players will play in the same league as us this year.