The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Enjoyable day out. We are really fun to watch, as shown in that second half. It was just a constant stream of chances. Hamilton was really u lucky a few times. He’s absolutely in the right place a lot of the time and wins a lot of headers. A goal for him and they will start to flow, his header off the post he does everything right. On another day that lands inside the post. Easton unlucky again with his effort off the bar, would’ve been another goal of the season contender. 

Some of the worst driving conditions I’ve experienced whilst driving back up the M74 made for a few hair-raising moments. Visibility down to about 50 feet at times. 

Aye the drive back was dodgy to say the least, had worse away days watching the rovers and another ground ticked off . A crazy 10 mins could still cost us but so far enjoying watching us this season 

Edited by Been going too long

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Some of the worst driving conditions I’ve experienced whilst driving back up the M74 made for a few hair-raising moments. Visibility down to about 50 feet at times. 

What was up with the M74? What time? 🤔

I drove down it from Glasgow to Dumfries between 5:30 and 7pm and it was absolutely fine. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Soft penalty that.

Disagree, simply because the Annan defender made it an easy call by continuing to lift the arm and extend the forearm. Without that, then there’s a solid argument for it being a legal shoulder-to-shoulder, but when you lever the arm and extend it, it’s a clear violation. With the referee directly in line looking at it, it would be called 99%+.

30 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Disagree, simply because the Annan defender made it an easy call by continuing to lift the arm and extend the forearm. Without that, then there’s a solid argument for it being a legal shoulder-to-shoulder, but when you lever the arm and extend it, it’s a clear violation. With the referee directly in line looking at it, it would be called 99%+.

Nah, thats a 'bigger side need a winner late in the game call'. Nothing in it. Annan were finshing bottom anyway so makes little odds to them but thats as soft as soft gets.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nah, thats a 'bigger side need a winner late in the game call'. Nothing in it. Annan were finshing bottom anyway so makes little odds to them but thats as soft as soft gets.

Right, watch the video again and tell me the Ref isn’t reacting to the forearm getting thrown out.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Must have missed it. I came off at Moffat and nearer 6:30. 

I drove down just a wee bit earlier, turned off at Moffat about 6:10pm, absolute cloudburst from D&G border almost to Moffat turn off, visibility almost zero, rain, spray and lots of surface water. Scary. Surprised there wasn't still surface water there when you came down. 

The Annan number 7, Benjamin Luissint, certainly looks a player! Not sure if everything just fell for him yesterday or if he plays like that every week. If it’s the later, it won’t be long until he moves on!

Edited by Jilted John

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

The Annan number 7, Benjamin Luissint, certainly looks a player! Not sure if everything just fell for him yesterday or if he plays like that every week. If it’s the later, it won’t be long until he moves on!

Agreed. Brilliant player. 

Our quality of delivery from the right side of the pitch will result in goals this season. Both Millen and Mullin have a wicked delivery. I can’t think of anyone we’ve had in the last 15 years who puts in such a consistently brilliant cross - dead ball or otherwise - like Josh Mullin. Once Hamilton gets up and running, and I’ve no doubt he will soon, that will become a source of goals for us. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio