The New Raith Rovers Thread

From what I can gather, Tuesday was our 11th penalty shoot-out, not including Fife Cup ties and friendly tournaments. It was only our second at Stark's Park though, and our record in them is actually okay. Won 5 and lost 6.

The first I ever witnessed was at Brockville in 1988, we went out after a young guy called Shaun Strang missed in sudden death.

From what I can gather, Tuesday was our 11th penalty shoot-out, not including Fife Cup ties and friendly tournaments. It was only our second at Stark's Park though, and our record in them is actually okay. Won 5 and lost 6.

The first I ever witnessed was at Brockville in 1988, we went out after a young guy called Shaun Strang missed in sudden death.

Shaun Strang didn't arrive till early in the Nicholl years.

It was young Billy Spence that had his pen saved at Brockville, after our brave skipper on the night Ian Gibson sent him up to take the critical pen kick. I think we lost 9-8 as a result....

I never really forgave Gibson for that :(

Edited by Niall Russell

You're right, I checked it earlier tonight. I've blamed Strang for our exit for about 25 years, I can now pin it on Billy Spence. It did finish 9-8, and according to the FFP report it was youngster Alex Rae who took Falkirk's last penalty, which makes me feel a bit ancient.

Why don't we try and sign Tom Hately for at least 6 months as he's still a free agent. Wages will be the stumbling block but im sure we could come up with something half decent.

You might disagree, you might not.

We need a couple more players in to bolster the squad that's for sure

Why don't we try and sign Tom Hately for at least 6 months as he's still a free agent. Wages will be the stumbling block but im sure we could come up with something half decent.

You might disagree, you might not.

We need a couple more players in to bolster the squad that's for sure

Too good. Can't afford. Not a chance. Sorry to be so blunt but that's all there is to it.

Too good. Can't afford. Not a chance. Sorry to be so blunt but that's all there is to it.

I know there's no much chance but it was just wishful thinking. Transfer window for Scottish clubs closes tomorrow. Don't know if this applies to lone players or not