The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, voddyman said:

I've just listened to the Oh no no no  podcast and one of them said that one of Byrne's booking was from a cup game and they weren't sure if that counted toward a suspension.
They did mention your name TxRover in the podcast as being the main man oracle to see if that makes any difference to the suspension.

We await your answer,lol. 😀

Unfortunately he's on seven for the season with six being in the league if Soccerbase is correct meaning that he will be out for Arbroath. 

Was it this time last year we had a loan signings advent calendar, and we’d built ourselves up to think the last one would be an announcement that Regan Hendry was coming back? 

Turned out it was just a message from him saying hello or some such? 

Hopefully it’s better than that! 

5 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Was it this time last year we had a loan signings advent calendar, and we’d built ourselves up to think the last one would be an announcement that Regan Hendry was coming back? 

Turned out it was just a message from him saying hello or some such? 

Hopefully it’s better than that! 

We can rule out the East Fife lawnmower, at least. 

1 hour ago, voddyman said:

Ah right, I see, thank you for all your replies, much appreciated.
Nae need for the Tx Oracle then, lol. 👍

Hummmmmm….Tx Oracle…the “Tex a cul”, nah having it, too close to testicle…

Ex Machina got it right. As I noted in the podcast comments:

Shaun Byrne in the Championship, yellows:

12/8/23 v Morton 87’

26/8/23 v Pars 45’

7/10/23 v DU 60’

13/12/23 v Arbroath 87’

16/12/23 v DU 94’

'94 22/12/23 v Ayr ‘58

'The rules used to be first match in Championship on or after the 14th day after the sixth yellow...this summer it was changed to the 7th day. Not sure why the change, but it was brought to my attention due to the Tam O’Brian suspension at Arbroath happening not in our favor.

22 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

This is going to be an announcement saying Tx is doing the half time draw next week isn’t it?

I’m having enough trouble finding “smart casual” I won’t freeze in, so not blooming likely!

I had heard a whisper that we had outbid the Pars to be signing Lee Ashcroft, although that would mean that we either aren’t signing O’Reilly  or Watson is a bit further from full fitness as can’t see the need for them all🤔

Although would expect that it is more likely a contract extension🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by spot on

Just now, RaithRyan said:

Hopefully we’re no all getting our hopes up and it’s just a wee video of the players singing a Christmas song or something 😂

The good news is the Social Media has been excellent recently, and a windup is unlikely.