The New Raith Rovers Thread

Certainly doesn't sound like Euan Murray is out king long term. Hopefully his neck issue has cleared up for Tuesday.

Fingers crossed Ashcroft is just 3 weeks. 

Rudden also looking like a good signing. 

How did Turner do at Ayr?

8 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A kick in the teeth for season ticket holders. 

I've got a season ticket and I'm glad the club are trying anything and everything to get as many fans in to support the team. 

Last BOD gesture like this was free travel to Tannadice which season ticket holders got first dibs on.

Gutted about the Ashcroft injury.Seen him on highlights walking in dugout area at end of game so hopefully it’s the 2-3 weeks rather than season.

Also seen Murray on highlights walking in dugout area so hopefully his neck has loosened off for Tuesday.

Was hoping we’d have them all fit and available for this run of games.

3 points against the form boys on Tuesday would be one of the results of the season so far for me.
Lets pack that South Stand.

1 hour ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I've got a season ticket and I'm glad the club are trying anything and everything to get as many fans in to support the team. 

Last BOD gesture like this was free travel to Tannadice which season ticket holders got first dibs on.

You could argue we'd have gotten a decent crowd anyway so this might end up costing us money....

9 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A kick in the teeth for season ticket holders. 

Sometimes it’s better just to say f**k all. 

Baffles me how sections of our support still find ways to moan when we’re riding a crest of a wave 😂

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You could argue we'd have gotten a decent crowd anyway so this might end up costing us money....

Think you would argue every decision made. Club are doing superb off the park and sure they know what they are doing with this decision for a massive game on a Tuesday night.

Dundee United doing bring a friend for free for season ticket holders on Tuesday. 

Pretty much all ST holders except for a handful of miserable c***s will understand what the Board is trying to do for a midweek match on a school night. It’s a few quid and it’s not as if a season ticket this season hasn’t been great value. The season could stop now and I’d have got my moneys worth. 

My son and I have season tickets. We both think this is brilliant from the board. Surely any initiative that helps encourage people who maybe couldn't afford to go to many games come along and help potentially grow the support of the club must be applauded. 

10 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Not really, we always know this sort of thing happens occasionally, hopefully will bring through a few more Morton fans to make a decent atmosphere at the game 

It’s been re-posted on our forum and has gone down very well. Always good to see clubs taking this kind of occasional initiative IMO.

11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I don’t know, you Pars lads sign a couple of referees and you’re all over our thread. 

Na in fairness I expected a few more Pars fans after Ashcroft pulled up 😂. I’m sure we’d do the same. Decent results for you lot the day after yesterdays outcome (you’ve got to take the luck when it comes). 

If Ashcroft was playing for us and went off injured, the meltdown from Pars fans would crash the web. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It probably will cost us money. 
It’s not all about money though, the board clearly think that the atmosphere generated by a bigger crowd and the support given to the team is more important than a couple of grand either way. 
I wholeheartedly agree. 

I still can’t make it due to work though, wonder if it’ll be available ppv on Raith TV?

Can't understand season ticket holders moaning about ticket prices being slashed. Great idea and more clubs should do the same. Buying an ST at the start of the season you save money as well.

Hopefully a cracking atmosphere on Tuesday night and we take up a decent away support for what should be an entertaining game. Cue 0-0🤣