The New Raith Rovers Thread

Unexpected result and having watched it I have to say very much a deserved by the Pars. Definitely the better team won that game. Can we take advantage 🤷‍♂️. More proof that this league is anyone can beat anyone. Fingers crossed we can get the result tomorrow. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Unexpected result and having watched it I have to say very much a deserved by the Pars. Definitely the better team won that game. Can we take advantage 🤷‍♂️. More proof that this league is anyone can beat anyone. Fingers crossed we can get the result tomorrow. 

We're playing with house money at the moment. All the pressure is on United given the outrageous sums they're chucking at players just now. Tomorrow will be a tough game but I'd expect it to go to the wire either way.

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We're playing with house money at the moment. All the pressure is on United given the outrageous sums they're chucking at players just now. Tomorrow will be a tough game but I'd expect it to go to the wire either way.

Absolutely no one expects us to win the league including most of our own fans (including me). The pressure is 100% on Dundee Utd even before tonight’s result. Said many months ago I’ll just enjoy the ride and see where we end up.  

1 hour ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Last night’s result presents a massive opportunity today, no question.

Let’s not lose the fucking run of ourselves if we don’t come back along the M8 with three points though, eh?

Erm we are in heightened all or nothing state of mind 24/7 about every single thing for the run in. 

So I will most definetly lose my mind win lose or draw, thank you very much.

1 hour ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Last night’s result presents a massive opportunity today, no question.

Let’s not lose the fucking run of ourselves if we don’t come back along the M8 with three points though, eh?

If we don't you just know who the first supposed Rovers fans will be to come on here and revel in the (hopefully not) dropped points.

RIGHT!  Here's how its gonna be Boys.

A resurged Dunfermline are going to finish third or fourth in the league.  We will hold on to second place.  Dunfermline will win their third V fourth game.  We will play Dunfermline for the right to play the second bottom team in the top Flight. Dunfermline will win this on aggregate, therefore beating us for the first time this season.  Which, let's face it, will turn out to be the only game that mattered.  This will knock our five in a row boast FAR into the Forth, and we will be forced to eat humble pie for a generation.

I'm tellin ye.  Ive watched Rovers for 27 years and this sort of ending is, as always, written in the Stars.

Now.  If we don't want this to happen, we have to go up as Champions............ or else! 

1 minute ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

A resurged Dunfermline are going to finish third or fourth in the league.  We will hold on to second place.  Dunfermline will win their third V fourth game.  We will play Dunfermline for the right to play the second bottom team in the top Flight. Dunfermline will win this on aggregate, therefore beating us for the first time this season.  Which, let's face it, will turn out to be the only game that mattered.  This will knock our five in a row boast FAR into the Forth, and we will be forced to eat humble pie for a generation.

I'm tellin ye.  Ive watched Rovers for 27 years and this sort of ending is, as always, written in the Stars.

Now.  If we don't want this to happen, we have to go up as Champions............ or else! 

Nice to know that Mystic Meg is still alive and well and in our midst. Tonight's lottery numbers please whilst you're in the prediction mood 😊

16 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Whilst that scenario is not beyond the realms of possibility, I just cant see it happening this time around 

18 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

A resurged Dunfermline are going to finish third or fourth in the league.  

We're two points behind Morton and they have two games in hand, as well as that we're away to them next week, anything short of a Dunfermline win makes us catching them extremely unlikely, and even if we do, they're still favourites to finish fourth. 

No idea about Partick, we're far, far, far more likely to finish 9th than worry about them. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

This is why you should stay away from this site when you have either been drinking or haven’t taken your medication!

I think we will get to the playoff final and in the second leg Ashcroft will be on the bench, having not been completely forgotten about. He will come on for Watson with ten to go and head in the winner.

Edited by Jilted John