The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, rodricoh said:

I tried for Saturday night for 1 person for 1 night. Nothing less than £150 most over £200.

Yeah the same, even fiether down the A9 towards Perth you'll struggle. 

Yep, I tried to convince the wife we could make a weekend of it and thought Aviemore would be a decent stop off for Saturday night but most places fully booked and those that weren’t were over £300 for the 4 of us. 
I won’t be making it up I’m afraid. 

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

f**k it might have to just camp out on a roundabout in a £15 Glastonbury throw away tent

The Tore roundabout on the north side of the Kessock Bridge would be my choice. The Longman in Inverness might be a tad noisy.

Aye I won't be going on Sunday with the transport issues. If the unthinkable should actually happen and we end up winning, then I'd hope that there's something done within the town to celebrate. Maybe not quite town house like the league Cup win, seing as we won't have an actual trophy to lift but even just get the fans down to starks for a party type atmosphere with the squad there. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

The Tore roundabout on the north side of the Kessock Bridge would be my choice. The Longman in Inverness might be a tad noisy.

The Maryburgh roundabout just outside Dingwall is handy for the match.

EDIT:

There's a campsite in Dingwall right beside the County ground...

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/highlands/dingwall/dingwall-camping-and-caravanning-club-site/?gad_source=1

Edited by Lanky Highlander

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Aye I won't be going on Sunday with the transport issues. If the unthinkable should actually happen and we end up winning, then I'd hope that there's something done within the town to celebrate. Maybe not quite town house like the league Cup win, seing as we won't have an actual trophy to lift but even just get the fans down to starks for a party type atmosphere with the squad there. 

The 200 club are running a bus. Still a few seats left this afternoon.

18 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

The 200 club are running a bus. Still a few seats left this afternoon.

To be honest I want to watch the game with the wee one which is pretty much impossible due to the time of the game for other reasons so it's a combination of travel and that. Thanks for the heads up though. 

2 hours ago, rodricoh said:

I tried for Saturday night for 1 person for 1 night. Nothing less than £150 most over £200.

Try driving up and hitting the clubs in Inverness late…bound to be a lonely lassie…it’s only your dignity.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Nah! The Cromarty Bridge roundabout at the north end of the bridge is fine and quiet and only a couple of miles from the ground.😉

Seriously though guys, if you are looking for somewhere to stay think about B&Bs in any of the following: Beauly, Muir of Ord, Conon Bridge, Strathpeffer, Evanton, Alness and maybe even Invergordon. Possibly on the Black Isle also Culbokie and Cromarty. All within 20 miles or so maximum from Dingwall 

2 hours ago, rodricoh said:

Apologies. The ‘awash with cheap hotels was clearly wrong’.

Well it wasn’t a few days ago as there was still premier inns in Inverness for sub a ton.

I’m doing an up and down. If anyones not able to go due to transport I’ll possibly be able to help. 

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Try driving up and hitting the clubs in Inverness late…bound to be a lonely lassie…it’s only your dignity.

All my exes live in Inverness doesn't quite have the same ring to it tbh.