The New Raith Rovers Thread

I always refer to it as the main stand, south stand etc so voted to take the money , in relation to corr , good young player who needs games even after his cameo at the end of the season I think he was always going to leave . I would have liked him to stay but we want to get promoted so trying for experience to get there . He will have no bother getting a new club 

2 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Dylan Corr rejected our contract offer. No shock, needs game time he probably won't be guaranteed at Raith. All the best to him in the future, lots of potential there.

I don’t really blame him as he spent most of last season on the bench. Even when we had limited options at CB a midfielder was selected ahead of him. 

41 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

Yeah, voted for the name change as well, seems a no brainer, btw how good is this pre-season, changed days at San Starko😍

Where's the vote I haven't seen anything on social media

If the playoffs showed us anything, it was that if the club are genuinely aiming for promotion, then the aim has to be to win the league.  The gap between 2nd place in this league and 2nd bottom in Premiership looked massive this sesson.

Corr needs regular games, and isn't good enough yet to regularly start for a title winning side.  Harsh, but that's the reality.  

Edited by CALDERON

I also voted for the name change for the reasons already stated. As others have said, I've never referred to it by any other name than the Main Stand anyway. TH will still be honoured within the stadium and the club stand to make a decent bit of money.

Sorry to see Dylan Corr go, but completely understand why he would move on. He would be down the pecking order for starting games, despite his assured performances towards the end of last season, and maybe a fresh start will kick start his career. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Will be interesting to see where Corr ends up, wish him well but not hugely fussed that he's away. Not sure the in's and out's of development fees but are we due one if he chooses to remain in Scotland?

It's good to have young players but they need to be playing. Corr would be 4th choice if he resigned and to be fair if we are going for promotion we need better or more experienced. 

If we can use his wages on someone else then I'm happy for him to leave and try and find 1st team football elsewhere. I get the feeling he'll end up in the 1st Div and not the Championship. 

15 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Will be interesting to see where Corr ends up, wish him well but not hugely fussed that he's away. Not sure the in's and out's of development fees but are we due one if he chooses to remain in Scotland?

I think he will stay in the championship maybe Morton, Hamilton even Ayr as broonie will know him

Sorry to see Dylan Corr go but after the way he played in those last ten games or so I didn't think he'd want to settle for potentially warming the bench again all season. Someone will be getting a very good young player with bags of potential.

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Good shout I forgot about airdrie and he does fit there model of signing younger players to develop and move on plus fordyce needs to be replaced 

Think we’re due some reparations tbh

2 hours ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Dylan will get a game at a non challenging Championship team so will have his pick of the Pars, Falkirk, Hamilton, Morton and Ayr.

Maybe Ayr with his Celtic background and Scott Brown there now?