The New Raith Rovers Thread

Best wishes to Lewis Gibson at his new Club. Hoped he would kick-on last season but didn't really see enough of him as hoped for what with him picking up a couple of niggling injuries (allegedly) and Bartley's preference to play an ineffectual McKechnie. Look after him.

A nice signing out of nowhere, welcome Lewis. From the highlight reel the club posted, seems like he's comfortable on both wings and has a bit of speed about him. Looks very much in the Connolly mould, 

Edited by CountryBumpkin

7 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Still to bring in a RB and work the loan market.

I'm not sure I see us bringing in another striker? We've got Vaughan, Hamilton and Smith can play there. We often only play with one with Stanton playing off I just don't see us doing anything in that area unless it's a loan.

Feel like "often" is doing some heavy lifting as we played two strikers for a good chunk of the season.

We need to get another CB in (Hanlon?) For sure, a right back and would say we do need a striker. 

Hoping for Hamilton to improve on an ok debut season with a decent pre season behind him but we are still missing pace up top.

If we do sign Hanlon then we are just a RB and striker short. 

I'd rather get the former tied down as soon as we can and take our chances in the loan market for a forward. 

Young Gibson has played 60  games which is incredible for an 18 year old so would expect him to be in the first team squad. Montagu and Hannah likely to go on loan. 

You can add a goalkeeper to the list,  if McNeil doesn't renew

And we definately need another striker as Hamilton for all his work rate isn't hitting the back of the net often enough due to the way we played last season  

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

And we definately need another striker as Hamilton for all his work rate isn't hitting the back of the net often enough due to the way we played last season  

Even if McNeil does sign I think we may need another. Most clubs go with 3 keepers incase one is injured or suspended.

I can still see a RB, CH and striker signed perhaps a couple added from the loan market.

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Even if McNeil does sign I think we may need another. Most clubs go with 3 keepers incase one is injured or suspended.

I can still see a RB, CH and striker signed perhaps a couple added from the loan market.

If we're only waiting on Hanlon coming back from holiday before hes announced, at least hes one less to think about, a RB may be a loan or Murray sees Mathews filling the void initially striker might be a loan as well

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

This

4 hours ago, pub car king said:

Will we have had to pay development fees for Gibson Jr and Mantagu?  

We will likely owe some fees, assuming a qualifying offer was made to Gibson (see P. 52 on, Section F https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/MASTER - Rules and Regulations (24 April 2024).pdf). On Montagu, he’s from outwith the 42, so different aspects may be applicable. Note that Gibson reportedly lived in Dumfries, and housing is always a significant portion of a claim. Offhand, I see about £18,000 (2 x £9,000) as explicit on the developmental front, but that’s without considering all the other stuff…and still presumes they extended a qualified offer within the required timeframe AND that alternate agreement wasn’t reached.

The fact they gave the lad a three year deal suggests they either see him as  becoming valuable in the next couple of years or a genuine cog in the future machine,

26 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Looking like with signings you have mase, the title is all wrapped up.

If beating your closest rivals away from home to go 5 points clear in December is too early to celebrate a league title then signing an 18 year old from the league below in June definitely is.

Still, very happy with the work done so far.