The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, YorkshireRover said:

Hanlon a brilliant signing. Club really showing they mean business but I for one can't wait for the meltdown on here the first time we concede from a corner.

IF we ever concede from a corner....

6 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

The most memorable foreigner from the 90’s must have been Odd Arild Skonhoft, he of the one appearance against the Pars. 

Odd Arild, came on and committed a foul, then a foul shy, then another foul shy, then another rash challenge, booked and hooked never to be seen again.

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I thought we may have seen an interview with Hanlon by now. I know England were playing but who cares about them.

Agreed. No deal is official until the interview is up! 

1 hour ago, MICMAC said:

Odd Arild, came on and committed a foul, then a foul shy, then another foul shy, then another rash challenge, booked and hooked never to be seen again.

Did he not score an own goal too?

2 hours ago, MICMAC said:

Pretty sure it was a derby wasn’t it? He certainly lived up to his name.

5 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Pretty sure it was a derby wasn’t it? He certainly lived up to his name.

Raith 1-2 Dunfermline

HT 0 - 2 FT 1 - 2 

Shaun Dennis (s/o 45)Peter Duffield (78)

John Millar (og 13)Hamish French (24)

2102.png749.png
C Scott (G) N/A  
D Craig (D) N/A  
G Mitchell (D) N/A  
(s/o 45) S Dennis (D) N/A Red and yellow cards
K Bergersen (M) N/A  
S Thomson (M) N/A  
D Lennon (M) N/A  
A Rougier (M) N/A  
J Millar (M) N/A Yellow card
(72) Skonhoft (-) N/A Yellow card
V Andersen (-) N/A Yellow card

P Bonar (D) N/A  
D Lorimer (M) N/A  
(45) P Duffield (F) N/A  
POSSESSION %
No data available
SHOTS ON TARGET
No data available
SHOTS OFF TARGET
No data available
CORNERS
No data available
  N/A (D) A Tod
  N/A (D) J Clark
  N/A (D) S Welsh
  N/A (D) C Miller
  N/A (M) H French
Yellow card N/A (M) M Millar
  N/A (F) S Petrie (56)
  N/A (F) A Smith
Yellow card N/A (F) G Britton (88)
  N/A (-) Z Lemajic
  N/A (-) C Robertson

N/A (G) I Westwater
  N/A (M) H Curran (88)
  N/A (F) A Moore (56)

Season 96/97

50 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Did he not score an own goal too?

Can't remember it being an own goal as he was only on the pitch for about 5 mins 😂

My memory has Petrie and Smith scoring for them, could be wrong though.

32 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

I can see a few more season tickets being sold now that Hanlon has signed.

I think we will see a few more season tickets being sold come payday.

3 hours ago, raith1974 said:

I thought we may have seen an interview with Hanlon by now. I know England were playing but who cares about them.

Did the TV guys not say last week they were on holiday this week?

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Fordyce. Hanlon and Murray as a back 3 Stevenson left wingback and Gibson at the other side. 

The fact we offered Corr a new deal when we had Murray, Fordyce, the Dick extension and an offer out for a Hanlon definitely suggests Murray is planning on playing a back 3 this season. I reckon Mullin could be first choice rwb though as it stands. 

Kev

Murray Hanlon Fordyce 

Mullin                                 Stevenson

Brown       Byrne 

Stanton

Vaughan Hamilton 

Would be more than happy to see us start the season with that line up.

33 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

The fact we offered Corr a new deal when we had Murray, Fordyce, the Dick extension and an offer out for a Hanlon definitely suggests Murray is planning on playing a back 3 this season. I reckon Mullin could be first choice rwb though as it stands. 

Kev

Murray Hanlon Fordyce 

Brown       Byrne 

Stanton

Vaughan Hamilton 

I can see us not bothering with a right back. And where’s Easton in that team?

I make that a squad of 20.

A young keeper to join squad.

Possibly a young defender if we were trying to give Corr another contract but I think we are well covered in defence apart from right back. Hannah likely to go out on loan first half of season.

All bases covered in midfield for me. Brown, Byrne, Matthews, Stanton in middle and I can see Easton getting used more in the middle this season.

I think we need one more up top.But I think Murray would want to use Smith through the middle more with his pace which gives us 3 strikers. Also think Stanton will play more as a 10 with use having Brown as a regular midfielder this season hopefully.

How is the budget? Is it going to come down to Doner Pie sale  in that ICT friendly to see if we can get in another couple of bodies.

34 minutes ago, SerieA said:

I make that a squad of 20.

A young keeper to join squad.

Possibly a young defender if we were trying to give Corr another contract but I think we are well covered in defence apart from right back. Hannah likely to go out on loan first half of season.

All bases covered in midfield for me. Brown, Byrne, Matthews, Stanton in middle and I can see Easton getting used more in the middle this season.

I think we need one more up top.But I think Murray would want to use Smith through the middle more with his pace which gives us 3 strikers. Also think Stanton will play more as a 10 with use having Brown as a regular midfielder this season hopefully.

How is the budget? Is it going to come down to Doner Pie sale  in that ICT friendly to see if we can get in another couple of bodies.

Agree with 20, and the Hannah early loan.

A RB, a developing CB, a ST and young GK for 24 sounds about right, but I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if we also added a fleet winger type. Gibson is reportedly quick, but not a speed merchant, and that’s still missing from the side. Mitchell was our fast forward, but is gone.

Thought, does IM not like the Modern Apprentice role? I could also certainly see bringing in a couple of lads under that banner for development.

2 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Kev

Murray Hanlon Fordyce 

Brown       Byrne 

Stanton

Vaughan Hamilton 

If we do go 5 at the back, there's your option which looks good, or we could play a 5-4-1 with a holding midfielder, Stanton and 2 wingers.

That would let you have Stevenson and Easton both going down one wing and Mullin/Connolly + a RB attacking down the other.

Good to have diferent options :)

1 hour ago, SerieA said:

I can see us not bothering with a right back. And where’s Easton in that team?

Ashamed to admit but I totally forgot about Easton. He can play AM and Stanton can drop back. Or like the last poster said we could go to a 5-4-1 and have him as one of two wingers.