The New Raith Rovers Thread

The kit launch event last night was good, I turned up expecting there'd be about 20 people or something but the place was packed.  Sure they said we're now up to over 500 people in Club1883.  I'm sure there'll be a number of those will cancel after the third strip comes out, but that's still a healthy number.  Never tried any of the BBQ food in the end, but somebody at my table came back with a burger and it looked about the size of my head.

13 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Wowzers, you guys got done dirty. Very dirty. Let me make this worse for you.

This design was specially made for Norwich City, based on their bespoke 'Weave' typeface, used as decoration around the stadium. Joma, or whatever supplier is acting as middleman between RRFC and Joma, simply recoloured it and stuck a different crest on.

It's also by far the worst Norwich away kit in years and years. Joma didn't even pick a nice kit to recycle for you

a0be4808-dd41-496f-8dff-94f9a4040825.jpg?width=1920

I'll share the link to Norwich' press release but quote the relevant bits below;

Here's a press release about the 'weave' that you're now being forced to wear;

Summary; you're wearing another club's stadium's decoration on your home kit for no reason other than that Joma consider you diddies.

Actually quite like it in these colours. 

9 hours ago, AllanJM said:

Wasn’t keen on the top from the video but thought it looked much better when the players came out.

I bought it and actually like it now. The sizing is the same as before so for adult sizes go 1 higher than your usual size.

Can’t deny when I seen it last night I was a bit Meh! But even overnight it’s starting to grow on me  and I’m sure it will prove popular 

14 hours ago, alistairlow said:

I use this calendar in the way that you're asking for and it works perfectly: https://www.fotmob.com/teams/10250/synccalendar/raith-rovers. Whoever maintains it keeps it well updated 😊

18 hours ago, HoBNob said:

https://fixtur.es/en/scottish-championship

I've used this website before. 

Thanks both, will have a wee look into them.

15 hours ago, Raithie said:

We got a bespoke home and away top last season. Not even Prem clubs get bespoke tops each season so we've probably had our quota for a while. 

All down to whatever deal you have with your supplier I suppose. I thought with Barrowman being involved you'd have a favourable deal with Joma, but maybe you're just getting catalogue deals from TSSD? 

17 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Not overly keen on the new strip mainly due to the neck, however that's an impressive queue for new tops.

Yip neck not for me.Nice round neck or subtle v neck like strip 2 seasons ago.
Club doing the business when it comes to selling them with good PR and a decent team on the park.

As Graeme Kilgour said last night they could put the badge on anything at the moment and it would sell out.

Must admit I wasn't much of a fan of the strip however the Mrs took the wee one down today and they both liked it, so both me and the wee one now have it. Which is why these sorts of things are excellent for the clubs coffers. It also got me thinking about how could the club do this sort of thing if we had to put a grass pitch in...

7 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

The new kit looks ok, but last seasons kit was really good. Joma is a crap kit supplier, just don't get why they make sizes so small when a lot of  fans who would want to buy replica shirts are carrying a bit of timber ? just stops people from buying ? Glad we have moved kit supplier. 

I'm maybe just getting slimmer(I'm not) but got my normal size for this year's compared to a size up on last seasons and it's a better fit for me. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Must admit I wasn't much of a fan of the strip however the Mrs took the wee one down today and they both liked it, so both me and the wee one now have it.

Ditto. Wasn't keen after the reveal last night but after seeing it in the flesh today it's quite nice so me and the laddie ended up getting it. We're away on our holibags tomorrow so it's all packed for our travels. Perfect timing 😁