The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can't believe I've spent £14 to watch this shit. Getting outplayed across the park. Fordyce looks like he has no pace, not sure at all about Freeman and Montague ain't ready for Championship football. 

I've been throughly underwhelmed wirh what I've seen from this Rovers side, so far albeit its only been pre season and league cup.

We need to see a massive improvement in performance, intensity and player availability in a pretty short space of time.  

We’re oh so slow when we get the ball.  Oh the plus side Kev is picking up where he left off last season and he’s clearly been working more on his kicking as it’s like night and day to last season.

Clearly not playing at any kind of tempo. Would also say that we arent competing at all in the middle and are more or less just humping the ball at Hamilton.

Honestly feels like they are here for a run out. 

Just now, SanStarko said:

We’re oh so slow when we get the ball.  Oh the plus side Kev is picking up where he left off last season and he’s clearly been working more on his kicking as it’s like night and day to last season.

Kev just looks a lot more composed in general, he's coming out more decisively and looks happier to receive the ball at his feet. 

6 minutes ago, renton said:

Clearly not playing at any kind of tempo. Would also say that we arent competing at all in the middle and are more or less just humping the ball at Hamilton.

Aye, it's essentially £14 to watch a training session.

Edited by CALDERON

Always gonna feel weird without Brown and Stanton but that last 20 minutes was atrocious.

No pace in this side..don’t think the bookies have it correct as us being title favourites. 

1 minute ago, renton said:

I don't see any player out there capable of being quicker off the ball than they are. We are a very slow side man for man. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I don't see any player out there capable of being quicker off the ball than they are. We are a very slow side man for man. 

I think it's less about that, more about just the lack of movement, no one really looking for a run either. Passing is a lot slower than this side typically can do it. Would also note that Montague doesnt have that off the ball presence Stanton does. 

A very tough watch so far. Hamilton playing like the side with a chance of progressing and we're playing like it means f all. 

Hope the majority missing are being rested, could be a difficult start to league campaign if not.

1 minute ago, renton said:

I think it's less about that, more about just the lack of movement, no one really looking for a run either. Passing is a lot slower than this side typically can do it. Would also note that Montague doesnt have that off the ball presence Stanton does. 

It's a big ask to replace Stanton for anyone never mind a young lad who's never played league football. He has shown signs of quality though and would expect him to be loaned out on the coming weeks. 

Something I’ve noticed us doing before but it’s just annoyed me today.  We’ll have a chance to break, a player will be making the run and instead of playing the ball in front of him, we’ll play it behind him meaning he needs to stop and backtrack to get it.  Does my head in as it stops the attack dead.

We'd be better sacrificing Montague for Smith and going a straight 4-4-2 to give Hamilton a bit of support.

Dabrowski saving us from a hammering - one brilliant save and two good ones.

Also, that's the second game running the normally brilliant curry pies have been salty rather than spicy.

Lads we are missing Hanlon, Murray, Brown, Stanton and Vaughan. Arguably 5 of our most important players and presences.

That said a few boys not doing any favours in terms of impressing. Fordyce, Matthews, Freeman miles off it. Dick looks like a full back playing centre half.

Montagu is tidy but needs to go play L1 for a season.

Would like to see Gibson on.