The New Raith Rovers Thread

We really don't know what Murrays contract was. Yes it was a 3 1/2 year deal but was it performance related, was it a rolling contract. We don't really know if we only have to pay him compensation up until the end of the current season or not because of the contract clauses.

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:

Can't be a worse time in a season to sack a manager; good news for the rest of us, I would say.

Aye there is. Just after the January window is shut as we did with Locke going and Hughes coming in. We also had a similar situation as this one in 96 where we sacked Jimmy the Janny after 3 games, only for his replacement to last 7 days and then his replacement relegated us.

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Can't be a worse time in a season to sack a manager; good news for the rest of us, I would say.

Possibly, but if you wait too long, it can be worse. If QP had punted Veldman much earlier in the season, I'm willing to believe they'd have secured their survival long before the final game.

9 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Technically it’s probably the best time… the new guy will have pretty much a full season and the transfer window hasn’t closed.

6 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Hope not, left Dundee United for "bigger" things and failed miserably. Like Kevin Thomson, done nothing since. 

Tam Courts has recently been given a job in Saudi so not really failed misrably

41 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Any rumours circulating Kirkcaldy as to what has actually happened with Murray and the club? 

There are no rumours because it is extremely likely that what the Board put out in its statement is exactly how things have transpired. Punters love to speculate and look for juicy gossip, but the fact is a group of people have invested in the club and don’t think we are going to get to where they feel we should be unless there is a change of manager.

The new Board had a team doing well from basically the off last season. They’ve watched the team on the park since the turn of the year, seen the results on paper, and felt Murray isn’t doing good enough with the resources he has been given. We haven’t seen how our Board reacts to negativity and it seems right now they react with ruthlessness, which is worrying me a bit because I don’t think they actually gave Murray more resources than others to justify their thinking (Byrne seemingly offered more wages to go to Partick, for example).

I think it is harsh and terrible timing, but there is some logic as to why they have done it. We’ve just played another rival for the top end of the division on (presumably) a lesser budget and been outclassed, again. If they wait, someone new doesn’t have time to bring in new players and move out some of the ones not performing. 

We need to be careful what we wish for, I am not sure the talent of manager we aspire for is available, but now it’s up to the Board to prove folk like me wrong.

Just now, spot on said:

Tam Courts has recently been given a job in Saudi so not really failed misrably

I'd heard that too, but seen nothing to confirm he ever did. The club he was linked with, Al-Qadsiah have another manager, Michel. Granted not much information but i'm not seeing anything concrete. 

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Very much doubt it… signed a 2 year deal so we hold all the cairds and would your board really pony up the cash if he was available after the track record over the last few windows? 

Aye he signed a two year deal after being touted about. The Courier reported this months ago and I scoffed at it, but it’s completely true, wild but true.

Who knows, we weren’t willing to pay what he wanted. Raith were. Funny though after how bad we were last season and how good Raith were, he still held some form of talks. We’re far too horseshit across the pitch for him to have much impact anyway. Quality player on his day but we’re miles off it.

1 minute ago, Raithfan2711 said:

I am sure I heard that number announced at the match?

It was, yes - but the announced figure did not for whatever reason include season tickets.  With those added, it was a little over 2,000.  Which is probably about double what we were getting for this fixture in League 1 a few seasons ago.

5 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

I think it's unlikely to be McCabe.  He obviously likes working with and developing young players, can't see him fancying taking over Dad's Army at Kirkaldy.  He won't be Airdrie terribly much longer if he manges to carry on as he's going, but it'll be a bigger club than Raith he goes to, I jalouse.

I agrée thé sooner he leaves your tribute act the sooner you lot can go back to worrying about rangers😉👍🏻

7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'd heard that too, but seen nothing to confirm he ever did. The club he was linked with, Al-Qadsiah have another manager, Michel. Granted not much information but i'm not seeing anything concrete. 

He’s there as a coach not the manager

39 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

The bottom line is we look horribly slow and unfit.

Whether the board have called Murray out on that, or whether Murray has called someone out whose specific remit is fitness, to the chagrin of the board, who knows?

We appointed your Sports Science guy in the summer I noticed.

Did he get replaced?