The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

When did we rename the south stand? 

Screenshot_20240809_100037_Fanbase.jpg

I vaguely remember the club advertising that the naming rights for the South Stand were up over the summer there but definitely think any deal is something they haven't publicly announced since.

4 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I vaguely remember the club advertising that the naming rights for the South Stand were up over the summer there but definitely think any deal is something they haven't publicly announced since.

Similar to the mainstand I think. There was discussion about it, but it never materialised. Bodywyse Autocare Stand sounds shite though

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Similar to the mainstand I think. There was discussion about it, but it never materialised. Bodywyse Autocare Stand sounds shite though

They can call it anything they want, people who sit in it will still call it the South Stand.

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

They can call it anything they want, people who sit in it will still call it the South Stand.

The worm has certainly turned doon Pratt Street.......

11 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The worm has certainly turned doon Pratt Street.......

I'm all for the club selling naming rights for the stadium and the stands, however I'll always call it the South stand at Starks park, pretty much like you probably call it East End Park rather than KDM Group 

8 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

I'm all for the club selling naming rights for the stadium and the stands, however I'll always call it the South stand at Starks park, pretty much like you probably call it East End Park rather than KDM Group 

There were a fair few of your mob piled on when we sold the stadium rights to KDM. One of them types the full "KDM Group East End Park" name slowly with one hand every time he mentions it on here.

The majority of our fans couldn't give a flying f**k, me included.

Hope whatever money you get is used to good effect. f**k knows where ours went.

1 minute ago, keyser_soze said:

Taking quote's from an interview released 4 days ago, good to see the FFP still have their finger on the pulse.

Got to be a piss easy job working there nowadays.  Take any video the club posts and turn it into multiple articles that you spread out over the next few weeks, job done.

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Taking quote's from an interview released 4 days ago, good to see the FFP still have their finger on the pulse.

It’s actually quite sad. The last match report I read from it featured literally no description of anything that took place within the 90 minutes and read like it was written by AI. 

4 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Got to be a piss easy job working there nowadays.  Take any video the club posts and turn it into multiple articles that you spread out over the next few weeks, job done.

Definitely 

3 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

isimply cant believe the boad have been so nieve in sacking the manager withouy first having a replacement lined up

They're doing exactly what everyone expected.

Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

It’s actually quite sad. The last match report I read from it featured literally no description of anything that took place within the 90 minutes and read like it was written by AI. 

It's exceptionally frustrating. Especially given the coverage which had been given the the Fife clubs by Craig and Alan when they were on the circle for the Courier. 

It's been pointed out numerous times on twitter now to the point it's clear that Allan Crow has no interest in moving it forwards despite the club going through a renaissance in the town with their highest crowds since the late 90s. 

11 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

isimply cant believe the boad have been so nieve in sacking the manager withouy first having a replacement lined up

The new manager might still be in a job and has a game this weekend and after that most teams have a fortnight until next game I think would expect an announcement early next week tbh. Bit unfair if we announce someone today and leave another club short with no notice 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Definitely 

They're doing exactly what everyone expected.

It's exceptionally frustrating. Especially given the coverage which had been given the the Fife clubs by Craig and Alan when they were on the circle for the Courier. 

It's been pointed out numerous times on twitter now to the point it's clear that Allan Crow has no interest in moving it forwards despite the club going through a renaissance in the town with their highest crowds since the late 90s. 

Loads of good photo articles on what the Mercat looked like in the 1990’s though, and you can’t say fairer than that! 

22 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

I don't think there was ever an actual replacement lined up, they had an profile of the type of person they wanted to progress with and will be doing that. Every chance that people that fit that profile have either said no, or the clubs are discussing compensation packages which takes a bit longer.

Regardless, whoever comes in, needs the full support of the fans, players and board to get us going. There is every possibility that we go into next week with 0 points and 0 goals in the 'for' column so they'll have to lift a squad, implement their own style, start the process to bring in/let go of players they want or don't want and ready to go away to Ayr. Its a tough challenge for anyone. Its right that we take the time to bring in the right person to do that. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I don't think there was ever an actual replacement lined up, they had an profile of the type of person they wanted to progress with and will be doing that. Every chance that people that fit that profile have either said no, or the clubs are discussing compensation packages which takes a bit longer.

Regardless, whoever comes in, needs the full support of the fans, players and board to get us going. There is every possibility that we go into next week with 0 points and 0 goals in the 'for' column so they'll have to lift a squad, implement their own style, start the process to bring in/let go of players they want or don't want and ready to go away to Ayr. Its a tough challenge for anyone. Its right that we take the time to bring in the right person to do that. 

I had read from Barrowmans interview that they already had someone in mind but had some points to work out before they progressed to an announcement. It’s still less than a week since Murray was let go so will see what happens. Be interesting to see who’s in the main stand on Saturday.

I remember Naco Novo turning up when we played at Brechin a few managers ago looking for a job. Love him for what he done at Raith but not manager material for me.