The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

You seriously asking me this question?? Erm, where to begin he signs a rapist because his tactics were collapsing in front of our eyes, then because of that clusterf**k our club was hated by everybody in the whole of the country. Hope this refreshens yer memory bank👍

Snake suggests he find the dirty on us, nothing of the sort, he was wanting to stay. 

Tactics collapsing, aye ok Pep, who was the master tactical genius weve had in your time supporting the rovers?

I’ll be clapping him when he returns to starks with Falkirk. Probably the best manager we’ve had since Jimmy Nichol. 

Just on the potential manager let's face it the players we have are more than capable of getting us up, so any manager coming in could well be headhunted if they do, meaning we'll be back to this manager shit again at the end of the season, wonder if Lennon would take a 1 year rolling contract deal

45 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Whilst Jamieson's a good player I'm pretty sure he's better out wide as opposed to being an out and out striker. A bit like Smith.

The Airdrie fans who have commented on their thread so far are suggesting the opposite. A good player when played through the middle but wasted out wide.

I don’t mind the signing, he’s a good age with plenty of potential and a point to prove. I don’t think he’s going to transform our season but I think he’ll offer something different to what we have currently.

Using Stevie May as an example of another striker linked with us. May is clearly a better footballer at this stage of their careers but I think Jamieson attributes improve what we lack in the final third more than May.

I think him and the rumoured addition of Josh Dede will add some much needed youth and athleticism to complement the good quality experienced players we already have.

Neither will come with much fanfare but let’s see what they can offer.

Edited by R.R.FC

4 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Really, a 5'6" striker. We need a target man to get on the end of crosses, not someone who has to sit on someone shoulders to head a ball. This has to be one of those "better sign someone to get the fans off our backs" signings. St.Mirren were about to punt him not long ago.

1 goal in 19 games, sound like just what we need ................. not

Just now, R.R.FC said:

The Airdrie fans who have commented on their thread so far are suggesting the opposite. A good player when played through the middle but wasted out wide.

I don’t mind the signing, he’s a good age with plenty of potential and a point to prove. I don’t think he’s going to transform our season but I think he’ll offer something different to what we have currently.

I think him and the rumoured addition of Josh Dede will add some much needed youth and athleticism to complement the good quality experienced players we already have.

Josh dede? First of me hearing that name never mind rumour. 

24 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

Snake suggests he find the dirty on us, nothing of the sort, he was wanting to stay. 

Tactics collapsing, aye ok Pep, who was the master tactical genius weve had in your time supporting the rovers?

I’ll be clapping him when he returns to starks with Falkirk. Probably the best manager we’ve had since Jimmy Nichol. 

You'll be the only one 🤣

19 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Really, a 5'6" striker. We need a target man to get on the end of crosses, not someone who has to sit on someone shoulders to head a ball. This has to be one of those "better sign someone to get the fans off our backs" signings. St.Mirren were about to punt him not long ago.

Not sure if this comment was tongue in cheek but a target man doesn’t need to be a 6”2 brute. 

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

Not sure if this comment was tongue in cheek but a target man doesn’t need to be a 6”2 brute. 

What I meant by it was that he's much the same as we've already got. Nobody up top to trouble CBs in the air

6 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Gie the boy a chance FFS.

I'm sure time will tell, and I'm well prepared to eat a lot if humble pie if he does turn out to be another Jocky Richardson or a Gordon Wallace 🤞

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

Just now, MICMAC said:

What I meant by it was that he's much the same as we've already got. Nobody up top to trouble CBs in the air

Don't need that if we can keep the ball on the ground.  Hopefully he's a quick lad, someone to get in behind or run at defenders. We'll see. 

17 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

1 goal in 19 games, sound like just what we need ................. not

Nisbet had 8 goals in 57 games before signing for us. 

Theo Bair just went from being dugmeat at St Johnstone to being sold by Motherwell for 7 figures to Auxerre after banging in goals. 

He might be a success. He might be a write-off. Give the lad a chance though. 

21 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Would be good if we got Dede in. Not seen any rumours but it's clear that Freeman doesn't seem favoured.

20 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Josh dede? First of me hearing that name never mind rumour. 

Seen it mentioned online by a couple of people. Could be the same people that had Scott Brown down as our manager at the start of the week right enough!

35 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Are they genuinely doing a ‘guess who’ reveal when we’ve been without a manager for three weeks then revealing a loan player from St Mirren?

Bad patter. 

They spent the whole of last season shithousing every team and we lapped it up. It's just our fanbases' turn now...